My family time cruising RCL..any info

hotlipss

Has any one used my family time dining with RCL, I guess its a new thing where your kids eat with you in the dining room but they eat in 40 min and then a counselor picks them up...just wanted to know how it worked, where the pick them up, if you had to sigh them up, how often they offered this etc.:)

It's offered at main dining. The counselors pick the children up OUTSIDE the dining room at sometime between 6:40 and 6:50. I had to order my child's dinner for essentially the whole week - and it would arrive at 6:05. You have to sign up for it at Adventure Ocean in the a.m. each day. IMO, it was more convenient for me to just take the little one to AO after I'd finished my dinner, sometime after 7 p.m., when they opened.

My kids dine with us in the dining room and leave to kids club/teen club as soon as they finish their entree. When they were younger hubby and I would take turns taking them. They are old enough (and taken so many cruises) that they go by themselves. This makes dinner for them only about 45 mins. They think the desert menu never seems to have anything worth waiting another 30 minutes for. I always try to make sure we get a table with easy access for them to slip out without disturbing the rest of the dinning room.

Have any of you found your kids to make it thru the entire MDR time period or must they be taken out? Mine will be 3 and 5 at cruise time and even now at 21 mos and 3 1/2 they easily make it thru 1- 1 1/2 hour most dinners out. IF they haven't played hard enough that day and missed nap time it may be a bit more difficult but I am sure the activities and excursions of the Alaskan cruise will wear them out!

Their normal bedtime is 9-9:30 currently and we will be on the same daycare schedule when we cruise so it shouldn't change much. Figure they would only do MDR 3-4 nights of the 7 nights. Just don't want to dress up/drag the extra clothing with us. AND let's be honest--they prefer chicken fingers and FF! I just hate selecting the earlier dinner time and having to come back from excursions to eat a nice meal! So might have to get them a snack from the buffet and then do the later dinner.

Archived