Cereal at the buffet - boxes or loose? What kinds?

highbridge5

Small questions.

For breakfast at the buffet area, is the cereal (like Cheerios) loose in dispensers like you find at hotel breakfasts or in the little individual boxes?

What kinds of cereal have you seen available?

highbridge5

Depends on the ship.

On the Elation and Paradise I've seen boxes of Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, Raisin Bran. I know there were others, but those are what we take off the ship as a JIC food. (I also seem to remember Rice Crispies.)

On the Splendor I saw the boxes and a couple of cereals in serving bowls.

Depends on the ship.

On the Elation and Paradise I've seen boxes of Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, Raisin Bran. I know there were others, but those are what we take off the ship as a JIC food. (I also seem to remember Rice Crispies.)

On the Splendor I saw the boxes and a couple of cereals in serving bowls.

The Pride (out of baltimore) is the ship we will be on. Boxes are nice because they are portable and you can keep them easily in your cabin.

(I have 3 kids and Cheerios made pretty good snacks.).

hb5

Hmmm, I have seen both=

little boxes on the buffet and the plastic containers where they keep the desserts at lunchtime.

The plastic containers have the kind of cereal kids will eat--like froot loops.

Boxes are raisen bran, corn flakes--that kind of stuff

They also had Lucky Charms. I remember because someone made the Cruise Director, Wee Jimmy, hold a box of it for a picture! :p (He's very short, stout and Scottish - apparently he reminded that person of the leprechaun on the box)

They also had Lucky Charms. I remember because someone made the Cruise Director, Wee Jimmy, hold a box of it for a picture! :p (He's very short, stout and Scottish - apparently he reminded that person of the leprechaun on the box)

I can just picture it now. :D

Small questions.

For breakfast at the buffet area, is the cereal (like Cheerios) loose in dispensers like you find at hotel breakfasts or in the little individual boxes?

What kinds of cereal have you seen available?

highbridge5

I've see both, boxes and loose. Everything from Fruit Loops to Fiber One to Raisin Bran.

I have seen these cereals in boxes: Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Apple Jacks, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Special K, Cornflakes.

Not all of these are on the buffet at the same time.

On the Splendor there was only cereal in giant bowls (the type that they put oranges and apples in). I think they had Fruit Loops and Raisin Bran.

The Pride (out of baltimore) is the ship we will be on. Boxes are nice because they are portable and you can keep them easily in your cabin.

(I have 3 kids and Cheerios made pretty good snacks.).

hb5

Bring some sandwich and snack size ziploc bags and then if the cereals are in dispensers, just let the kids fill up the baggies with whatever cereal they like to keep in the cabins and to take on excursions. If boxes are available, great, if not, you are still prepared.

Archived