First Time Cruisers

ksmommyof4

Hello Everyone I am so happy to have found these cruise boards...I follow the Disboards (Everything Disney) so this is pretty similiar only on cruises...This will be our first ever cruise it will be me and my husband and we are super excited. We really like the Carnival Dream ship but after pricing it out it was a little out of reach being a new ship and all.So we picked the 7 day Western Carribean with the Carnival Liberty.We are taking the June 19th cruise and we are super excited....Any info about Liberty would be great....And any info on the ports would be great also....Thanks so much!!!!

Congrats on your first booking, hope you enjoy it as much as we do! So your ports are Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

there's a variety of activities, it would help if you list your interests.

Each time we've been to Cozumel we've done the snorkel and beach trip on the Fury Catamarans. Snorkeling and then a stop on a private beach with volleyball, great beach with floating mats, kayaks, ect (included) and a cash snack bar. Beer and rum punch open bar on the beach and boat. On the return sail to the ship they have line dancing (um, I just watch!). Great time!

In Jamaica there's Dunn's River Falls, which if your so inclined you have to do once. You can take a boat ride or bus to the falls, which you climb up in the water. I love a boat ride, so that's my choice. 2 years ago we booked a catamaran snorkel trip independent of the cruise line. There were 6 adults in our group. As it ends up, we were the only ones to book this particular trip that day, so we had a PRIVATE TOUR for 6 hours (at $55 each!). The guide took us snorkeling then we went to another fall past Dunn's River and then we went way out to sea under sail. What a blast and once in a lifetime score. Oh yeah, we put a pretty good dent in the rum punch cooler, too!

In Grand Cayman there's Stingray City, a one time must-do also. If you SCUBA dive, Grand Cayman would be the place to do it. I've done that twice, the wall diving is great!

I would spend some time reading posts on the Ports of Call area here, you'll find limitless great tips. Enjoy your cruise. As I'm fond of saying, "There's no wrong decisions in cruising!"

Archived