Tour saver book & inlet tower hotel

CALMOM

I am booked on a Princess Diamond, SB, Whittier to Vancouver on 7/10/10. I am need of a hotel in Anchorage for 2 nights prior to cruise. I have seen several messages regarding the Alaska Tour Saver Book and there is a coupon for Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites. Has anyone stayed there or heard anything about them? How close is it to the Princess Train Depot, as we have paid for the transfer through Princess for the transfer, the day we cruise.

I am also considering purchasing the Alaska Tour Saver Book, as there are at least 3 other coupons I could use. Has anyone had problems with the Tour Saver Book?

Thank you to everyone, I really don't know what I would do without this incredible Board and Website :)

Any downtown Anchorage hotel is a reasonable cab ride to the Alaska RR depot. But some Princess trains leave from the airport. Verify this. Hopefully, it is not more than the regular run cost of $65pp??

I have used toursaver for years. Never any problems, BUT, verify, before you book, direct with the vendor's if the usage is acceptable for the dates you want.

As an alternative, two nights in Anchorage is a lot of time. Many times, touring priorities are elsewhere. Be certain, this is where you want to be, without shortchanging other areas. And don't get caught up in 2 for 1 bookings that put you 1 night too many somewhere. :)

Thanks Budget Queen, as always, you are the most resourceful cruiser I know. I just realized that I purchased the transfer from Princess not part of the Cruise Tour so I will have to go to the Egan Ctr to p/u the shuttle. The reason I was going to stay in Anchorage 2 days is that most of the flights from San Diego do not get into Anchorage until evening, too late to really do anything. We are interested in one of the Glacier Tours our of Whittier and they run from 1:.30 to 5:30 pm. and we need to be on the Diamond by 7:00 p.m. and I am afraid that is cutting it too close.

We are interested in one of the Glacier Tours our of Whittier and they run from 1:.30 to 5:30 pm. and we need to be on the Diamond by 7:00 p.m. and I am afraid that is cutting it too close.

This, is not too "close" and makes far better use of time, than you going back and forth perhaps?? The way to do this is to cancel the cruise transfer, book yourself on the Alaska RR, leaving at 10am. The luggage is transfered automatically to the ship, you do not claim it. Check into the ship, make your way off the train timely, and not at the end of the pack. It's steps to the boat tours, IF you have no mobility limitations. Verify this directly with the vendor's for further clarification.

Archived