How was last week's Island Escape Cruise

Cruise Babe 48

Hi

Just read a couple of more positive reviews on another Cruise site which gives us some hope for our Feb 12 Colourful Coasts cruise. It will be interesting to see if the problems with the plumbing are sorted after the horrible experiences of the Christmas Carousel cruisers - really hope so as I was getting really worried.

There is a mention of the shows - can someone give me an idea of what the shows are.

Hi Cruise Babe

We were on the Christmas Carousel and yes there was a lot of disappointment, however, the food, staff, and entertainment were all very good. We went on some brilliant excursions, and even in the rain managed to make the most of it.

I think we were just very unlucky with the weather, and without this, and the small amount of time you spend in your cabin, I think for the money it costs you can still have a very good holiday.

Dont let our experience put you off, just go with an open mind, and hopefully the weather will be kinder to you than it was to us.

I am off in 19 days or the Island escape and am looking forward to it. From what I here and read the excursions are very much take what suits and leave the rest so will not be booking in advance and will just see how I feel on the day, so to speak. If I miss out on any, I doubt it will be major.

I took the all inc at 160 each for 7 days and am sure it will work out similar to paying but just one expense less to worry about at the end.

Flying from Bournemouth airport and only live 4 miles from it so not much hassle traveling. Bring it on, I say. :D

I am off in 19 days or the Island escape and am looking forward to it. From what I here and read the excursions are very much take what suits and leave the rest so will not be booking in advance and will just see how I feel on the day, so to speak. If I miss out on any, I doubt it will be major.

I took the all inc at 160 each for 7 days and am sure it will work out similar to paying but just one expense less to worry about at the end.

Flying from Bournemouth airport and only live 4 miles from it so not much hassle traveling. Bring it on, I say. :D

That's the stuff, someone with a positive attitude. At least you'll be away from all this freezing weather. That must be a positive.

Berwyn

If you go with a positive attitude you wont go far wrong, this year will be our 10th time on the Good ship IE and that for me says something, I dont think I could put up with any of the posh ships (dress code) I'm not a snob but I do like the simple life :p the food is great, the Entertainment is brilliant but best of all it's the people you meet makes a Holiday and we have met some great people from all walks of life and still in touch with some of them and we will probably meet some of them on this next cruise.

Wished we lived near an airport as all the last times we have been we have had to travel over 100 miles to get to the airport, last 2 times we have stayed at the Radisson @ stansted with 14 days car parking included for £110

RR :D

I was wondering about the ones in the theatre - there is a reference to musicals. Are they shows like Grease, Oliver etc?

They do a show which has music from lots of different musicals very good ,,and there are lots of other good shows

mrs.c

I was wondering about the ones in the theatre - there is a reference to musicals. Are they shows like Grease, Oliver etc?

Hi,

They are more like musical revue shows. They each have a theme such as "Songs from the Shows". etc. As we went just before Christmas the show team were doing a lot of Christmas oriented stuff and will probably change now it's past.

They also had Elvis tribute act that was good. Apart from the old boy that was sat next to me who knew every word to every song and insisted on singing along.

Berwyn

Archived