Salsa & Salsa excursion in Mazatlan

sleuthslayer

we did this excursion in September. It was a really fun time. We were picked up and taken to the the hotel and greated with a margarita. We ate plenty and drank lots. There was stuff to buy, chef hats, mortar and pestal and other stuff related to the excursion. The hotel was across from plenty of shops to buy trinkets etc. The only rule was if you wanted the free taxi ride back to the ship you had to take it back by 2:00 p.m. as that was how long the excursion guide was at the hotel until. The ladies that ran this excursion were lots of fun and the learning to salsa dance was fun too! let me know if you have any other questions. Tammy

we did this excursion in September. It was a really fun time. We were picked up and taken to the the hotel and greated with a margarita. We ate plenty and drank lots. There was stuff to buy, chef hats, mortar and pestal and other stuff related to the excursion. The hotel was across from plenty of shops to buy trinkets etc. The only rule was if you wanted the free taxi ride back to the ship you had to take it back by 2:00 p.m. as that was how long the excursion guide was at the hotel until. The ladies that ran this excursion were lots of fun and the learning to salsa dance was fun too! let me know if you have any other questions. Tammy

Do you know what company ran the excursion?

Tammy,

Were alcoholic (or non-alcoholic for that matter) drinks at the resort included in the price? If not, how much did they cost?

Was ride back to the boat in a bus, van or individual taxi?

If you stayed late and paid for your own taxi, any idea how expensive that'd be?

Did you book thru Princess or were you on another cruise line?

Thanks

Do you know what company ran the excursion?

I looked it up because I hoped to book direct. The company is Tropical Tours and you can't book directly with the company. The top link shows all the cruise lines they work with. I'm booked on Carnival and this tour is available on Carnival. Carnival does own Princess so I'm pretty sure Princess also has the tour. I hope the helps.

http://tropicaltoursmzt.com/about.htm

http://tropicaltoursmzt.com/mazatlan/princess/Princess%20List.htm

I looked it up because I hoped to book direct. The company is Tropical Tours and you can't book directly with the company. The top link shows all the cruise lines they work with. I'm booked on Carnival and this tour is available on Carnival. Carnival does own Princess so I'm pretty sure Princess also has the tour. I hope the helps.

http://tropicaltoursmzt.com/about.htm

http://tropicaltoursmzt.com/mazatlan/princess/Princess%20List.htm

Thanks, that will help. Even though I have a cruise booked to Mexico, and another in the works, neither of them stops in Mazatlan. We also have a land based trip in the works for Mazatlan.

for those that have done this what can you tell me about how you get back to the ship? Do they give you a coupon for a taxi ride back or is there a bus that waits for you? I'm traveling alone and would love to do this excursion but not fond of the idea of taking a taxi back to the ship by myself

We're on the January 23 sailing of the Sapphire Princess and have it booked. Can't wait!

We sail the week after you... We'd LOVE to hear what you thought of the escursion to help us make up our minds whether or not we want to keep or cancel or reservations...

I guess for that much money we go to Stone Island and drink enough beer/margaritas to get Victor to let us help make salsa and ceviche and then enjoy danceing

in the sand...:eek:

]

\

Tammy,

Were alcoholic (or non-alcoholic for that matter) drinks at the resort included in the price? If not, how much did they cost?

Was ride back to the boat in a bus, van or individual taxi?

If you stayed late and paid for your own taxi, any idea how expensive that'd be?

Did you book thru Princess or were you on another cruise line?

Thanks

Yes there were both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available the entire time. We didn't pay for anything unless you wanted to buy something to take home (souvenirs). The taxi was one of those open air cars and I have no idea how much it would be if you stayed late. We were on RCI and booked through RCI but did share the cab with a couple from the Princess ship.

There were plenty of cabs on the street just outside of the hotel that were willing to take us anywhere - I suspect it wouldn't be that much because I have been reading that you can get a cab outside off the terminal to give you a tour around for 20 per hour so - that is the way I am thinking of going to see Mazatlan in February when I go back. Have fun it was a really good time and I have made all the items we learned how to make a few times since I have been home. Tammy

for those that have done this what can you tell me about how you get back to the ship? Do they give you a coupon for a taxi ride back or is there a bus that waits for you? I'm traveling alone and would love to do this excursion but not fond of the idea of taking a taxi back to the ship by myself

the agent stays at the hotel until 2:00 p.m. and she fills the cabs up with people that are ready to go back all at the same time - so you would probably travel with a couple or something - she just whistles in cabs from the street - they have some deal and they take you directly back to the ship. Tammy

Yes there were both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available the entire time. We didn't pay for anything unless you wanted to buy something to take home (souvenirs). The taxi was one of those open air cars and I have no idea how much it would be if you stayed late. We were on RCI and booked through RCI but did share the cab with a couple from the Princess ship.

There were plenty of cabs on the street just outside of the hotel that were willing to take us anywhere - I suspect it wouldn't be that much because I have been reading that you can get a cab outside off the terminal to give you a tour around for 20 per hour so - that is the way I am thinking of going to see Mazatlan in February when I go back. Have fun it was a really good time and I have made all the items we learned how to make a few times since I have been home. Tammy

Thanks for the information Tammy... Glad you enjoyed the excursion. We hope it'll be fun for us too!!!

Thanks for the information Tammy... Glad you enjoyed the excursion. We hope it'll be fun for us too!!!

all the ladies working there at the time we went were great, it was a lot of fun, even the salsa dancing which we ended up having to sit out a portion caust it was just too hot but it was great...we just sat with our feet in the pool and enjoyed the rest of our time there. Have fun, it was a fun time.

Archived