Dream foul smell

sdestiny

Who said anything about DCL? But my 3 teens would love to back to DCL. Why would the 12yo go nuts? keep them young..it will serve you well.....no need to push them to feel older. Are you now looking at DCL? It will make you happy..the adult areas are great...the kids pool not as good as Carnival...nor is the slide....but should you choose it..dcl will work.

Also, you mentioned awhile back that you have cruised RCCL before....why don't you just go back to them....seriously if you like them...why not?:)

I would love to go back to DCL as well even if we did'nt have our kids, I look at it this way I act like an adult only when necesssary..and thats only!!

Thats also why we go back to Disney world at least twice a year!

we were on the dream in december (going back in february) and although we never ran into a foul smell, you shouldn't risk it. Who knows what that is and what could happen to you if you inhale it. Don't ever go on the dream and never on carnival. More room for us.:cool:

lol:d

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had recently emailed Carnival Over the smell problem and this is what I got ....

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

When the Carnival Dream first entered service in Europe, there were some isolated problems identified and corrective action was taken via modifications to the ship's ventilation system. Since the ship has been operating in the US, we have received very few complaints on this issue, actually less than two in every 1,000 guests who have sailed on the vessel during this period. Nonetheless, further modifications are being made, which will be completed shortly.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Now this was in responce to my email about the sewage smell on the dream ..

And if this was something that was common on a new ship till the "kinks" were worked out ..so to speak!

Well I'm glad I did get some feedback.....Won't ruin my cruise but hopefully the smell (if any won't be horrible)..

What can you do...At least I won't be home!!

Unfortunately, based on the OPs initial frustration and his disatisfaction with Carnival's response, if a kid in a dirty diaper walks behind him down the hallway, he's going to feel like all his fears have come true.

Try and go with the expectations that it's going to be a great trip. If 2 out of 1000 cruisers complain, that means that 998 had no problem worth mentioning.

I will be on the Dream on February 20 and I cannot wait. I do not expect to smell anything but the ocean and some great food, but just to be on the safe side, I will take some room freshener and maybe a candle, (are we allowed candles?) I am so excited about the Dream and we are in Cabin # 6266 so if you see candles glowing from that area, you will know it is me. LOL If you see my face glowing, it is wine.

OP,

We sailed on Dream Jan 2-9 and we did smell the sewage smell occasionally when we were on the elevator. We did not smell it any place else.

If the occasional smell of sewage traumatizes your children, I feel sorry for them as they will never make it in the real world. I'm certain that at points in their lives they will be smelling sewerage smells or worse. It's up to you to make their vacation great and not get yourself so worked up that they see it and react to your actions.

I know it's not a pleasant smell, but to me, it's not worth worrying and ruining a vacation over. As posted by others I think you are just setting yourself up to have a crummy time on this vacation. If you could just relax and not be so paranoid, I think you and your family will have a wonderful time.

To us, the smell was so inconsequential that we are planning a back to back on Dream next year. If it were all over the ship, you could be sure that we wouldn't be going again. I do hope you enjoy your cruise and all this worrying and setting yourself up for disappointment, is for naught.

I will be on the Dream on February 20 and I cannot wait. I do not expect to smell anything but the ocean and some great food' date=' but just to be on the safe side, I will take some room freshener and maybe a candle, (are we allowed candles?) I am so excited about the Dream and we are in Cabin # 6266 so if you see candles glowing from that area, you will know it is me. LOL If you see my face glowing, it is wine.[/quote']

NO candles!

Triumph...4 cruises....no smell

Inspiration...3 cruises...no smell

Fascination...5 cruises...no smell

Actually' date=' over 68 Carnival cruises, I've never been subjected to a "smell".

It must be a conspiracy....[/quote']

I've been on 4 Carnival cruises, and there DEFINITELY was a sewege type smell every evening by the dining room elevators on the Triumph. Did it keep me from enjoying every minute of my cruise.....NOPE

GIVE ME A BREAK!

We were on the Dream last week, and there was not one foul smell what-so-ever.

YOU ARE WRONG. THERE IS NO SMELL.

John -- we were on the 1/9 sailing of the Dream. We experienced whiffs every once in a while in different parts of the ship. Nothing bothersome, but there was the occasional odor -- just as it has been on all 6 of our cruises -- Carnival and RCL. It has not had a negative impact on any of our vacations.

As someone has already pointed out, it is the nature of the beast. ;)

I swear come April on our cruise I am doing my rendition of the "new Cruise " smell Commercial...Told the hubby he had to video me...LOL! Spo if you see a nutcase running around doing just that..No I'm not drunk(thats just me)..although I might be feeling quite "happy"!!!!

During the exact same Carnival Dream sailing, I was in cabin 2217 for those nine days. There were 27 cabins separating yours and mine, and I'm now grateful that I chose the location I did, since there was not an ongoing odor issue up front. I ate breakfast & dinner in the aft dining room, and most times, I walked the length of Main Deck to the aft stairs and then walked up that one flight to get to the dining room.

I'm definitely not saying there was no issue with smell on this ship for that sailing, but I am saying that I (thankfully) didn't personally experience it.

Hey Don, I will be in room 2217 for 2 weeks on a B2B cruise in April. :D What is the room like? Do you have pics perchance?? Did you feel much motion?? I'm not worried about the anchor and docking noises - I'm always up early to see what is going on anyways, so the noise won't bother me :p, but, I'm not too fond of being seasick :eek: :D.

I also will not allow a smell or the thought that there MIGHT be a smell bother me!!!!! I am not even giving that any thought!!! If there is a problem, I will deal with it at the time and I have every faith in Carnival doing their best to resolve any problems that may come up. My glass is half full!!! The anticipation of the cruise is a great part in the whole overall experience and why on earth would you ruin it by something that may not happen or may not be that bad. i don't get it. Get rid of the negativity and start DREAMING!!!

I swear come April on our cruise I am doing my rendition of the "new Cruise " smell Commercial...Told the hubby he had to video me...LOL! Spo if you see a nutcase running around doing just that..No I'm not drunk(thats just me)..although I might be feeling quite "happy"!!!!

ha ha ha, I will be right there with you, cheering you on!! & savoring that new ship smell!!!!

I will be on the Dream on February 20 and I cannot wait. I do not expect to smell anything but the ocean and some great food' date=' but just to be on the safe side, I will take some room freshener and maybe a candle, (are we allowed candles?) I am so excited about the Dream and we are in Cabin # 6266 so if you see candles glowing from that area, you will know it is me. LOL If you see my face glowing, it is wine.[/quote']

NO, NO, NO!! NO CANDLES!!!:eek: THAT IS A BIG NO, NO ON A SHIP!!

We are sailing on Jan 30th on the Dream so I will report back when we get back but we've been on 4 cruises and never had a problem except for one!!! They don't last long enough!!!!! I have to be pulled screaming and yelling off the ship and I'm sure this one won't be any different......:D

I have experienced the same smell on two other Carnival Ships and it did not bother me or my family at all! We will be sailing the Dream in April and are looking forward to it - even with the reviews I have read! I think you have spent a great deal of time trying to contact people at Carnival to get answers and I tend to wonder WHY??? A smell would really ruin your vacation? I really feel bad that a occasional scent would cause you so much heartache....I myself am anxiously waiting to spend quality time with family members on vacation, because like you, it doesn't happen often.

I keep reading these posts about the smell on the Dream. Some say it ruined their entire experience, others noticed it just in passing and didn't let it phase them a bit,and most didn't notice anything "foul" at all. Personally, I've noticed a "bad" odor on two other cruises (both CCL, but in their defense, that's the only line we've cruised:)), it was both fleeting and rare.

As I prepare for my cruise on the Dream in 30 DAYS I have decided to let DESENSITIZATION (as needed) be my defense mechanism, and if that doesn't work, I'm sure there are several survival stations (aka bars) that will be more than happy to numb my displeasure. That is, of course, if I notice the smell at all.

Bring on the smell, for a stinky moment on a cruise ship beats out a stinky (usually followed by messy) moment at work (I'm a nurse) any day!:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising. I'll be sure to share all of my fabulous memories when I return.

Adrienne

we were on the 1/9 sailing of the Dream. We experienced whiffs every once in a while in different parts of the ship. Nothing bothersome, but there was the occasional odor -- just as it has been on all 6 of our cruises -- Carnival and RCL. It has not had a negative impact on any of our vacations.

;)

We didn't experience any bad smells anywhere on the Dream and I've never really noticed it on any other ship, either.

I'm convinced that it all depends upon who just exited the elevator or walked up the hall in front of you.............just sayin'

We didn't experience any bad smells anywhere on the Dream and I've never really noticed it on any other ship, either.

I'm convinced that it all depends upon who just exited the elevator or walked up the hall in front of you.............just sayin'

I'm sure having a burrito bar on-board doesn't help...

Just off the Dream. YEs there is a smell, but NO it is not enough to ruin a cruise, at least not mine.

IF it is only the smell making you try to switch, go and have a good time. I did not hear anyone complain while on board about it and only encountered it on the outside upper aft deck's and on deck 0 while leaving the ship in port's.

Again, to me, it did not really have any affect and if people were not making an issue and questioning it, i probebly would not have even mentioned it.

Archived