Camp Carnival question...

MamaParrotHead

Sort of......

There are the favorites that my kids always knew to look forward to that just don't change from ship to ship. And that's the same for every cruise line. They each have their core activities.

So Carnival always has their (of course pending on ages)

Talent Show

Teddy Bear Workshop

swimming under the stars

Water balloon wars

scavenger hunt

Bubble Dance

But pending on the itinerary - pending on the ship or even the season, they change it up. So it won't be the exact same schedule they did on the last ship or even the last season.

So you did Glory and now are wondering about Liberty in 2011? Or is there something sooner?

No, we're headed for the Liberty. I just didn't know if the CC activities were like the menus...same thing all the time, fleetwide.

Nope, they change. When we were in warm weather itineraries, the kids had things like doing a Mexican fiesta, didn't happen on the Canadian itinerary. So they do change. The falls cruises have a few different activities than the Christmas cruises.

Since its 2 years away, will your kids be moving into new age groups? That's when it got exciting for my oldest. She loved moving into the 9-11 year old group cause that meant she got to go swimming. How old will your youngest be then?

When we sailed Glory last month, they were 6 and 10. Next January when we sail Liberty, they'll be 7 and 11.

How supervised is the swimming?

UGH, the new year is throwing me off. I was thinking, ok, MamaParrotHead sailed in 09 and in 2011, so then it will be 2 years later, but not quite, since that's just 1 year away. :eek: Time is just flying by...lol. ;)

There were 2 counselors at the swimming when my oldest went to it. There were less than 10 kids at the event. They kind of had it at an odd time if I remember correctly. Maybe they did that on purpose to keep the numbers low?

And next time your son will be in a new group right? He'll be moved up to the the 6-8's. So that will be a new experience for him. :)

Nope, they change. When we were in warm weather itineraries, the kids had things like doing a Mexican fiesta, didn't happen on the Canadian itinerary. So they do change. The falls cruises have a few different activities than the Christmas cruises.

Since its 2 years away, will your kids be moving into new age groups? That's when it got exciting for my oldest. She loved moving into the 9-11 year old group cause that meant she got to go swimming. How old will your youngest be then?

Do you remember anything unique to the Canada cruise? If I recall, you did the 4 day, right?

Archived