Costa Atlantica

camarodrivenrs

Just got home from the Costa Atlantica and it was a great cruise. Food was good, service was good, and the ship is beautiful. Also the happy hour made for some very interesting nights. Ill post a full review up after I unpack. Any questions just ask.

We are going on this ship for the first time in March. I can't wait to hear about your experience!! :)

Sorry guys, I dont know what taking cruise critic so long to get it posted. Anyway it was a great cruise and I should never have doubted Costa because of some of the bad reviews on here. The only real weak spot for me on the Costa Atlantica was the morning buffet. I found the crew to be very friendly. I think sometimes they arent as open as other cruises because they may not know what language you speak at first but if you give them a couple words they open up. I really think this ship has a much better night life then any other cruise line. I went with my brother who is 23 and im 25 so we met a bunch of people around our age and had a great time at night and the 5-6pm happy hour makes for some fun bar times. Without a doubt i would cruise Costa again. I'll post a link when they finally upload my review.

Sorry guys, I dont know what taking cruise critic so long to get it posted. Anyway it was a great cruise and I should never have doubted Costa because of some of the bad reviews on here. The only real weak spot for me on the Costa Atlantica was the morning buffet. I found the crew to be very friendly. I think sometimes they arent as open as other cruises because they may not know what language you speak at first but if you give them a couple words they open up. I really think this ship has a much better night life then any other cruise line. I went with my brother who is 23 and im 25 so we met a bunch of people around our age and had a great time at night and the 5-6pm happy hour makes for some fun bar times. Without a doubt i would cruise Costa again. I'll post a link when they finally upload my review.

Brett,

My review just posted last night and I submitted it Monday. Be on the lookout for yours. My group and I had a great time on this ship. The service, in my opinion, was excellent. The food was cruise ship type fare with an Italian flavor so that means that not everything on the menu appealed to us but we never went hungry icon10.gif. We enjoyed being around different nationalities and made friends with a couple, she from Serbia and he from Australia. Now we have an excuse to visit Eastern Europe! Although I wouldn't do the same itinerary again as we've done it a few times, I would not hesitate to sail on Costa in the future. I totally concur with you that if you drop "Buon giorno" along with "prego" and "ciao", you'll get ready smiles from the crew. Just a few words in someone's native tongue goes a long way.

Jorge

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=61708

LSU2fan,

I know what your saying about the language, im lucky enough to work with numerous native chinese and thai speakers and although I'm no where as good as I would like to be I can handle greetings and small talk and it will take you miles. I, for one, definitely spent a couple of weeks looking over basic italian, which isnt too bad seeing as I speak spanish. Also love the looks on the crews faces to hear an American speaking there language.

Archived