life preserver

Mr. Y

Hey Hosses!

My big weekend is fast approaching and while I'm anxiously waiting this big trip, I have some questions that need to be answered.

Some of the hosses in our group do not swim well, including myself. I was wondering if it would be acceptable if I wear the cabin issued life preservers in the pool when we swim? Or do they have smaller life preservers for the pool?

Thanks, Gang!

Hey Hosses!

My big weekend is fast approaching and while I'm anxiously waiting this big trip, I have some questions that need to be answered.

Some of the hosses in our group do not swim well, including myself. I was wondering if it would be acceptable if I wear the cabin issued life preservers in the pool when we swim? Or do they have smaller life preservers for the pool?

Thanks, Gang!

No, you can't wear the Carnival life jackets in the pool, you wouldn't want to anyway, they are the kind that make you float on your back and are very uncomfortable. Some little kids wear water wings, but I've never seen an adult with a life jacket on, the pools are only about 4 feet deep, so an adult can easily just stand up.

Hey Hosses!

Thanks, Gang!

I think if you found yourself feeling uncomfortable,

just standing up would alleviate any worries..it isn't that deep.

It isn't really much of a swimming pool.

no smaller life preservers, just the ones in the cabins.

On RCL I actually saw kids wearing them in the hot tubs (which are bigger on RCL, but life jackets?? lol) I dont think I took a picture, but yes, Iv seen kids wearing them in the pools on RCL and no one said a word.

Id be surprised if there was a rule against it on Carnival either. The pools are what 3 1/2 ft deep on Carnival? At least on Triumph that is what it said at the one end.

Thanks, Hosses.

I was unaware the pool is not that deep and I'm glad I got the warning about the use of wearing the life preserver on the deck and in the pool.

I just thought I could save some luggage space by using the life preserver in the cabin. Kill two birds with one stone.

Hey Hosses!

Thanks, Gang!

Hey Hoss, I ALWAYS bring my inflatable swim ring. Walley World has them for around 88 cents. They do not clog up the elevators going to or coming from the pool like the full size USCG approved ones. I also have an over-sized whistle in case I need it. The ship issued whistles are a little small & lame ~~!!~~

rUBBERdUCKIE.jpg

Hey Hoss, I ALWAYS bring my inflatable swim ring. Walley World has them for around 88 cents. They do not clog up the elevators going to or coming from the pool like the full size USCG approved ones. I also have an over-sized whistle in case I need it. The ship issued whistles are a little small & lame ~~!!~~

rUBBERdUCKIE.jpg

Joe, you win!!! Don't know what the game was, but you win hands-down!!!

rUBBERdUCKIE.jpg

that tops it all, my face hurts!

Hey Hosses!

Thanks, Gang!

Nope, they are a lifesaving device which holds your body up and back out of the water.

And, Carnival doesn't allow any floatation devices in the pool except for those little water wings children sometimes wear.

rUBBERdUCKIE.jpg

OMG, now that is classic! LOL

rUBBERdUCKIE.jpg

I hope that you drove to your last cruise. The thought of you getting through airport security with that gear really scares me :eek:

rUBBERdUCKIE.jpg

I loved this! Just to funny.

I loved this! Just to funny.

Mr. Why,

In all seriousness,

Mr. Why brought up a very legit question and I don't appreciate the joking around about a possible drowning. Of course Mr. Why CAN bring the Carnival issued life Preserver into the pool with him......that's what its there for! Plus the only way you can truly practice with the safety gear is by using it in the pool (it doesn't do any good laying under your bed for 4 nights!)

Bean

I've not been in the pools on ships - they look crowded and I don't think they are big enough to be doing any laps in them so I don't think it should be a concern. Honestly I think an adult in the small pool with a life preserver would draw a lot of gigles.

Archived