Carnival Imagination

MC Rusell

Sorry for butting in on your post, MC, but we're booked for our first Carnival Cruise on the Imagination sailing in April and I have been looking for more info on this ship too.

Seems there's lots of posts about the newer ships, but few recent posts about this one.

I can't even tell from Carnival's website what all the amenities are on the Imagination. Does the Imagination have that big video screen by the pool??

I hope you get some good respoinses to this post!

Sorry for butting in on your post, MC, but we're booked for our first Carnival Cruise on the Imagination sailing in April and I have been looking for more info on this ship too.

Seems there's lots of posts about the newer ships, but few recent posts about this one.

I can't even tell from Carnival's website what all the amenities are on the Imagination. Does the Imagination have that big video screen by the pool??

I hope you get some good respoinses to this post!

There is no big screen on Fantasy class of ships (Imagination is a Fantasy ship). This class of ship, the aft section has a fantail, which is very nice. The lower are is the adults only area called Serenity, nicer lounge chairs (padded) and umbrellas, very nice.

I was on the Imagination for the second time this past September and I loved it even more than the first time! Outside near the pools they have added a mongolian grill which is one of my favorite places to eat. The pool area is a nice size but I did find that it was hard to get a chair. One of my favorite things on the ship was the WaterWorks:D My sister and I had so much fun on the larger slide!

PIC_0842.jpg.a152d358cc4e85b3bf7c3a2f84b7cb5d.jpg

pool.jpg.36641a83dea1886448eaa1885ac53c77.jpg

deck.jpg.909970f83914616d3c2a4bbeb48d8a9f.jpg

Has anyone sailed lately on the Imagination. I am cruising on it in a month and know its old so I wondered how it is now that they have updated it a bit.

The Imagination is great! Others have commented on the Evolutions of Fun upgrades, but just to summarize:

The Port of Miami runs things very smoothly.

On the ship, just below Lido deck, aft is the Serenity deck - adults only area; chairs in this section have padding. Very nice area.

Lido deck- Mongolian grill, rotisserie chicken and other comfort foods such as mac n cheese.

Dynasty lounge is fantastic. It looks larger than other Fantasy ship lounges. The production shows were excellent. The female production singer is exceptional.

The only female maitre'd in the Carnival fleet is in the Spirit dining room. A very nice lady from Bulgaria.

Tory Secoy will be your cruise director - very personable, you will hear "woo-hoo" a lot.

Itinerary is interesting, especially the four day cruise. In Key West, you are only there from 7:30 - 2:00 pm, so you would need to plan your day well. You have to be back on the ship by 1:30 pm, and the time goes pretty quick. You take a free shuttle to Mallory Square from the shipyards.

Hilarious woman hosts karaoke in the Xanadu lounge.

I would recommend the "Behind the Fun" tour of the ship. Well worth $55 for what you get access to and what you learn about the ship.

I was on the ship last month was fortunate to have a B2B which also included a stop in Nassau. Great vacation!

Great info. :) Thanks. I would love to know more about the ship tour. $55? We are sailing in one week. Any suggestions for activies in Key West or Cozumel? We will be 5 in a cabin with 3 young ones.:eek::eek::eek:

The ship tour will take you to places the public is not normally allowed. Only 16 can sign up for this. They take you to the bridge and you get a picture taken with the captain (You can't bring your own camera). They will take you through the galley and also to some crew areas. You will learn about what is involved in working and living on a cruise ship. It is a 3 hour tour. They also take you behind the stage in the theatre so you can see the various costumes worn by the dancers and get an idea of what it takes to put on the production shows. The tours are conducted by the department heads, such as ship officers and the chef and you will get some souvenirs (caps, lanyards, group pictures).

In Key West, there are several museums that you might want to consider. Pre-purchasing tickets may an option. I would recommend www.trustedtours.com as a source for ideas.

Among the places you might want to visit would be Mel Fisher's Maritime Museum, Key West Butterfly Conservatory, Ernest Hemingway home, Harry S. Truman Summer White House, Key West Pirate Soul Museum, Key West Aquarium and the Key West Shipwreck Treasures Museum.

The complimentary shuttle will take you to Mallory Square. There are some cool souvenirs to buy, such as Key Lime juice or anything Conch Republic related.

In Cozumel, beaches and snorkeling maybe an option. One of the excursions, the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe, provides transportation to the beach, as well as food and drinks. Taxi's are $14 each way to the beach. If you want to just walk around town and shop, take a taxi for $7 each way into town.

Tory will present a review of the excursion options, but in the meantime, I would check the Cruise Critic board under Ports of Call for further information on Key West and Cozumel.

I feel like I am giving you information overload, but hopefully this will help as you prepare for the cruise.

Have a great cruise!

Great info. :) Thanks. I would love to know more about the ship tour. $55? We are sailing in one week. Any suggestions for activies in Key West or Cozumel? We will be 5 in a cabin with 3 young ones.:eek::eek::eek:

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Imagination! We have been on her twice with a 3rd trip booked in April. In Cozumel, check out Nachi Cocom. For $49 (adult) you get all you can drink and a 3 course meal. There is a pool and beach with chairs. The waiters are wonderfully attentive and it is so quiet. A little piece of Heaven! It is about a 10 minute cab ride from the port. Nachi was our absolute favorite thing about our trip!!!! Have a blast whatever you choose to do.

I am interested in hearing about the behind the scenes tour, as the last few cruises I have been on they no longer allow it for safety reasons after 9/11. We were told that it is against some kind of law/rule.

Sailing next weekend to Nassau and want some suggestions on where the best areas of the ship/ best food can be found!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived