Looking For Something Different

sea_u_onboard

This will our 5th visit to GC and we are really looking for something else to do. We have done the island tour, stingrays, public beach, private beach club, Hard Rock Cafe, and shopping.

We need something new or we are just going to stay on the ship.

Is the castle worth going to?? What about the trails? We are not adventurous enough to rent a car. I thought about just bringing the snorkel gear and going right there by the pier (off to the right as you are coming in). Anyone ever do this?

Anyone ever just stay on the ship while in Grand Cayman? What did you do besides veg out?

Have done an eastern island tour over to the Wreck of the Ten Sails, Boddentown, Watlers Cemetery and Pedro St. James yet? (The house may not be open yet since Ivan went through, but it's nice to look at). We did it with Geddes H. (see any of his posts for his email address or let me know and I can get it to you) and Earthfoot tours when we were there in Dec and we really enjoyed it. The damage that Ivan did on the East side took my breath away.

Is the castle the one you are talking about out by the Wreck of the 10 Sails? If so, I believe it is a private house now, but you can check with Geddes, he showed us the outside, but I can't remember what he said it was now.

Geddes is very much into the ecological side of tourism, it was very interesting to see all of the different plants and spices that he stopped to show us. He tried very hard to find us a parrot on the north shore, but alas, none came out to see us.

His van is very comfortable, he comes at a good price and he is a GREAT guide. And his mother-in-law's sandwiches were fabulous!

Archived