Live on Dream 1/9/10 sailing

lcantwait

A little background- I am in my early 40's sailing on my 5th cruise all Carnival. Let me start by saying WOW she is big!! Dream is beautiful! I am of coarse having a wonderful time, as everyone on vacation should do. Tha being said, I have had better service and food on other trips. I am one Deck 2 Main aft. No sewage smell. Yeah!!

Embarkation was easy - Port Canaveral has it down to a science. Just a little cluster at boarding, no big deal!

Dining Room - I'm in Crimson lower dining room early seating. Service was not friendly and festival as I have expiienced before maybe just 1st day suff. The warm chocolate melting cake is my absolute favorite, but it was a light over cooked and not as melting, but still yummy!

Our room steward nice enough but not as quick at clean up as we have experienced before. NO TOWEL ANIMAL the first night, I asked Oliver about it and he said he will start the next night. I said I wanted 2 to make up for missing one:rolleyes:! We'll see what I get tonight!!

We did the Spa tour first thing and actually signed up for the 7 day unlimited use of the Thermal Suite & Thalassotherapy Bath ($249/couple) - it is AWESOME!! A must do!! Cloud 9 is beautiful!!!!

I'll writemore tonight or in the morning!!

We really enjoyed the spa. won't go on the Dream again w/o spa wrist bands. They also have a room with different flavored waters. We would start at the T. bath then go from one room to another, everyday. When we finished I felt I had run a mini-marthon.

We used the water hoses has squirt guns when no one was around. They will shoot across the room.

Toni:

Here's hoping you'll have a wonderfully sensational (and very memorable) cruise on Carnival Dream. Mine last month was superb.

Would like to request (beg) you to research something, if you get the opportunity . . . .

There was supposed to be a Loyalty Team (the ones who sell the 'Future Carnival Vacation' Certificates) assigned to this ship when she got to New York, but that didn't happen. Then John said it would be on the first sailing from Port Canaveral, but that didn't happen. Then it was said it would occur in the new calendar year (now), so I'm hoping that the Loyalty folks have actually arrived onboard.

If you could check to see if that has actually happened, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, happy sailing!!!! :D

Hi there

Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Just wondering if anyone in your party is doing a golf exursion or using the golf simulator. I haven't heard anything about golf (besides "mini") in anybody's reviews.

Would you even know where the golf simulator is on board?

We'll be staying in a spa balcony cabin when we cruise and we plan to spend everyday in the spa as well!

Looking forward to your review!!

Debbie:)

I will try to answer some questions

Tell us what all you get with the wrist bands? Thalassotherapy pool, Laconium Room, Tepidarium Room, Aroma Steam Bath, another Steam room and a relaxation room with tea, water and fruit available. Igt is wonderful, on a sea day with over 4000 passengers- DH and I found the relaxation room quiet (we were theonly 2 for about 20 minutes) relaxing and watching the ocean go by!

Loyalty Team I will check on this later today.

Just wondering if anyone in your party is doing a golf exursion or using the golf simulator - no but there was a big golf seminar in the atrium area today abou golf

Did you guys not dock in Nassau today no- Western Caribbean

I noticed on the webcam that the pool is not filled. Any idea why??? Rough seas- the Thalassotherapy pool was like a huge wave pool with bubbles!! We were being moved back and forward with each wave!! It was awesome. Though we did notice a few sick people.

Thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with us.

We were on December 3rd and had a Spa Cabin....and LOVED the thalasso pool area.

If Mouna is still the karaoke host (and you like karaoke) she is WONDERFUL.

Tell her that her Cruise Sister Linda said HI!!!

Vince is in the Piano Bar and he is a ball of energy. Tell him I said to behave himself!!!!!

Alex is the DJ in the disco from Belize and he is a super nice guy. very charming....

Wish I was there!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone in your party is doing a golf exursion or using the golf simulator. I haven't heard anything about golf (besides "mini") in anybody's reviews

I am guessing that there is a golf excursion in St. Thomas. On our Dec.3 cruise, I had seen the golf pro in the atrium giving his golf seminar and in St. Thomas, saw him and several men returning to the ship with their golf clubs/bags.

To the OP...thanks for taking the time and expense to do a Live. Enjoy your cruise!

I will try to answer some questions

Tell us what all you get with the wrist bands? Thalassotherapy pool, Laconium Room, Tepidarium Room, Aroma Steam Bath, another Steam room and a relaxation room with tea, water and fruit available. Igt is wonderful, on a sea day with over 4000 passengers- DH and I found the relaxation room quiet (we were theonly 2 for about 20 minutes) relaxing and watching the ocean go by!

First let me say thanks for spending time on your vacation keeping all of us cruise happy people updated on your trip!

This is the first time I read that the spa offers a couples package for $249, and I was wondering if the VIP room is included or is that just for people staying in Cloud 9 Spa Suites? Also, is there a limited number of the couples packages available to guest not staying in the Cloud 9 Spa?

First let me say thanks for spending time on your vacation keeping all of us cruise happy people updated on your trip!

This is the first time I read that the spa offers a couples package for $249, and I was wondering if the VIP room is included or is that just for people staying in Cloud 9 Spa Suites? Also, is there a limited number of the couples packages available to guest not staying in the Cloud 9 Spa?

I'm not sure what the VIP room is. :) (We just got off Dream on the 9th)

We had Spa cabins, and I don't know of anything we didn't have access to. My understanding from talking to the ladies at the front desk was that you get the same access as a pass purchaser as you do staying in a spa cabin. My husband and I actually figured out we could have purchased the spa weekly passes and saved a tiny little bit over the spa cabin pricing, and would likely do that should we ever cruise Dream again. (There were very loud clanging noises in the cabins we had that we could have done without)

There is a limit. I don't know what it is, but I was standing in line behind a passenger on the second day who was inquiring, and they only had three weekly passes left. :)

Enjoy her, OP, we did. :) We felt the same way about the dining room staff the first night, but that changed on the second and remained fabulous through the rest of our cruise.

I'm not sure what the VIP room is. :) (We just got off Dream on the 9th)

We had Spa cabins, and I don't know of anything we didn't have access to. My understanding from talking to the ladies at the front desk was that you get the same access as a pass purchaser as you do staying in a spa cabin. My husband and I actually figured out we could have purchased the spa weekly passes and saved a tiny little bit over the spa cabin pricing, and would likely do that should we ever cruise Dream again. (There were very loud clanging noises in the cabins we had that we could have done without)

There is a limit. I don't know what it is, but I was standing in line behind a passenger on the second day who was inquiring, and they only had three weekly passes left. :)

Enjoy her, OP, we did. :) We felt the same way about the dining room staff the first night, but that changed on the second and remained fabulous through the rest of our cruise.

Thanks for the quick reply about your experiences! The VIP rooms are on the Sun Deck (Deck 14), and when on the Carnival Dream page on carnival.com, under the Fun Places & Spaces page, the Cloud 9 Spa 4th photo says it says VIP Treatment Suite for couples. Thats why I wasn't sure with the pass if you are considered VIP or if you stayed in the Cloud 9 Spa Suites thats how your VIP?

I am guessing that there is a golf excursion in St. Thomas. On our Dec.3 cruise, I had seen the golf pro in the atrium giving his golf seminar and in St. Thomas, saw him and several men returning to the ship with their golf clubs/bags.

To the OP...thanks for taking the time and expense to do a Live. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! I guess my husband will just have to make sure he checks out the golf exursions and seminars when we board the ship (which is still too far away) lol

Debbie :)

Archived