Universal Studios/Citywalk suggestions?

browniegirl

Hi all, we are flying in 2 days early before our cruise in april. We are booked into a Universal City hotel close to Universal Studios and we arrive by noon on the first day and have the entire next day to do Universal Studios. Does anyone recommend the Front of the Line pass at Universal Studios, is it worth it?? Or is the regular one okay?

Also, the first day we have a half day, any suggestions of shows or things to go watch or see?

Thanks!!!!

Browniegirl:D

Got the name wrong:o But it was definetly a Blues club, upstairs. It was there a few years ago. Could it be Jon Lovitz's Club now?

My sister was at Jon's club the other week for some sort of high school reunion -- not an official one, but one for her grade and the surrounding grades. Jon didn't go to the same school, but lived in the same area (went to a private school instead), and knew many of the kids in that age group who did go to Taft.

Hi all, we are flying in 2 days early before our cruise in april. We are booked into a Universal City hotel close to Universal Studios and we arrive by noon on the first day and have the entire next day to do Universal Studios. Does anyone recommend the Front of the Line pass at Universal Studios, is it worth it?? Or is the regular one okay?

Also, the first day we have a half day, any suggestions of shows or things to go watch or see?

Thanks!!!!

Browniegirl:D

It looks like you will be there on a Friday, is that correct? Usually on a Friday you should be fine. However, that is during Spring Break for some schools so the park will probably be crowded.

Instead of the Front of Line, you can actually get an annual pass or a 2 day pass for less money than the Front of Line pass. Go to Universal on your arrival day and visit some attractions and then return the second day. You should easily see everything that way and not be as rushed. You can probably see it all in a day without Front of Line if you opt to just go one day.

The shows overall are excellent. I found Creature From the Black Lagoon to be pretty bad though. I would not sit thru it again and barely made it thru one time! People actually walked out. Other than that show, the rest are great. Don't miss the Backlot tour.

City Walk has a lot going on. Lots of shops and restaurants. There is street entertainment as well. We always spend some time at City Walk after a day at Universal.

Jen in SoCal

If you're talking about going April 8th-9th, you may be fine Spring Break-wise. The week before should be pretty crowded as the Los Angeles school district will have off (that's the second biggest school district in the country) and locally the kids that will have off would most likely be parochial school kids. I'm guessing most colleges locally will already be back in session, but I'll try to check tonight when I get back home.

Archived