CHANNEL 7 - Mighty Ships & Queen Mary II

Surf_Chick

Hi all ;), i heard the other week about this program and luckily by chance saw the advert for it yesterday arvo & watched it... Below is the info about it, was definately quite interesting learning about how the ships are managed and controlled etc, and the stress and pressure for the captains!!

Next week is inside the Queen Mary 2 which im very much looking forward to seeing :D and im sure a lot of you will watch it too, would be nice to see on board some more ships.... :p ENJOY

TV - Mighty Ships

Channel: 7HD

Sunday, 10 January 2010 - 6:30pm

TV, PG, Documentary

(English)

Becrux

60 minutes

The world's largest custom built livestock carrier is a modern day Noah's ark. She must get sixteen thousand head of cattle from Australia to Indonesia in just four days. Along the way she will face heavy traffic and pirate infested water. What counts is to get this 12 million dollar cargo delivered alive and well.

TV - Inside Queen Mary 2

Inside Queen Mary 2

Channel: 7HD

Sunday, 17 January 2010 - 6:30pm

TV, G, Documentary

(English)

60 minutes

Climb onboard the Queen Mary 2, the biggest ocean liner in the world - a veritable city at sea, a marvel both of luxury and engineering. As long as four football fields and as tall as a twenty one storey office tower, everything about her is superlative... and is the only ship that can boast a Planetarium!

yeah i havent seen it yet, so looking forward to watching it :)

i cant believe the quality that they are transported in, its GREAT to see they are so well looked after and that the "cowboys" are on there to ensure that!! Unfortunately i doubt they get that treatment when they go overseas :( poor moo cows lol

We enjoyed last nights episode, incredible how the cattle are transported.

Funny thing looking at this ship ...... at first I thought it was the "Oasis of the Seas" ....... it reminds me of these floating feedlots.

Fortunately what you didn't get was the SMELL, they used to call in at Portland (Vic) not very pleasant.

Thanks for the heads up on this - QM2 sounds like it'll be good - got the TiVo ready to record!

It was also interesting about the high number of pirates and how they have to be constantly on watch, and what happens during a drill.

I realised sitting in the show lounge during our first day drill of our last cruise that this is probably what most of the danger is for these ships, especially when you think about what they cover in the drill - it seems very much like it's either focusing on containing a fire, or keeping us safe from pirates!

Very exciting find!!!

For those who cannot wait till Sunday head onto youtube and search "inside queen mary 2" it's cut into 7 parts (for some reason the first part is only a few seconds) but the other parts are about 7mins long. Very cool doco!

Scotty

Archived