RCCL Visa "Free Cruise" Question

I'm booked on the Oasis in June.

I was planning on using 125,000 RCCL points for the "Free 5-7 Night Caribbean cruise for 2." The rules say RCCL will credit up to $2,500 based on a minimum available oceanview room.

We are booked in a balcony room. I can still use the 125k points version, right? I just have to be in an oceanview or higher room?

Please, someone tell me I don't have to spend 250k points because I'm booked in a balcony room.

Thanks!

make sure you mail in those points as soon as possible. Takes them "forever" to process them.

Send them certified mail too.

If you call the Coupon Redemption Center at 1-888-305-4626 and give them the certificate number along with your booking number, they can process your request over the phone.

Then you can fill out the certificate, make a copy and send it to the address shown on the front.

BTW, I noticed in your signature that you are showing Jewel - November 22,2010 11 Day South America What cruise line is that?

If you call the Coupon Redemption Center at 1-888-305-4626 and give them the certificate number along with your booking number, they can process your request over the phone.

Then you can fill out the certificate, make a copy and send it to the address shown on the front.

BTW, I noticed in your signature that you are showing Jewel - November 22,2010 11 Day South America What cruise line is that?

Jewel of the Seas-RCCL

We did that and they have been received as of december 22 for our Jan.24th cruise but haven't actually been processed yet.

Jewel of the Seas-RCCL

We did that and they have been received as of december 22 for our Jan.24th cruise but haven't actually been processed yet.

Are you sure you are going to be cruising to South America on Jewel? The only RCI ships doing SA are Vision and Splendour.

Jewel is doing a central america/panama/columbia cruise. So technically s. america.

Since we've done SA twice, once on Splendour and last year on Radiance and this is listed as an 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean & Panama cruise, I guess that's why I was confused. Thanks for clarifying.:)

s.gif

Speaking of Visa credits, normally you earn 1 point per dollar spent. I thought if your purchase was for RCL ie. cruise, then you earned extra points. I was told by BOA that's not the case. Am I wrong or have they changed it?

Speaking of Visa credits, normally you earn 1 point per dollar spent. I thought if your purchase was for RCL ie. cruise, then you earned extra points. I was told by BOA that's not the case. Am I wrong or have they changed it?

Maybe try and talk to another rep. If the BofA reps are anything like RCI, you will get many different answers depending on how many you talk to. You are supposed to earn double points for all RCI purchases and that includes final payment.

From the RCI website..........

Earn Royal PointsSM with every qualifying purchase you make - points that add up to onboard credits, stateroom upgrades and even free cruise vacations.§ Use it for everyday purchases, and earn one Royal Point for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend. And earn double Royal Points for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend with Royal Caribbean International®. Enjoy a low introductory APR†, no annual fee, plus 10,000 Bonus Points after your first qualifying transaction.§§ So start cruising and get closer to your cruise vacation. Call (800) 932-2775 to apply today.

I can tell you that we had a $3.52 credit on our RCI credit card statement from unused OBC and they deducted 8 points!

Since we've done SA twice, once on Splendour and last year on Radiance and this is listed as an 11 Night Ultimate Caribbean & Panama cruise, I guess that's why I was confused. Thanks for clarifying.:)

s.gif

Yea, they don't specifically list Columbia on the title and I guess one could call it a Caribbean, C. America, S. America cruise....but I know what you mean about a true S.A. cruise vs. this one.

Yea, they don't specifically list Columbia on the title and I guess one could call it a Caribbean, C. America, S. America cruise....but I know what you mean about a true S.A. cruise vs. this one.

We were on the Panama Canal Cruise on Radiance and we stopped at Cartegena, Columbia back in April of 2007. First time back to Columbia for RCI in about 8 years I believe. Even the President of Columbia drove to the port and boarded the ship to welcome RCI back to his country.

It was truly a wonderful stop that we enjoyed very much.

We just used 125,000 points for our Oasis cruise in 2 weeks. You can book any room you want and they will give you $2500 towards the room. If your room is more than that you cover the difference.

Same thing here. I kept on reading all the threads about how to handle the points and I was driving myself crazy.

I booked the room that I wanted and called in for the points. Received the certificate in one week and then called RCI to apply the points. It didn't show up on my account until they actually received the certificate about a week later. I just mailed it regular mail and kept a copy.

They took $2498 off the price of the JS. Best value for the points.

Denise

Do you still get a credit for a free cruise? If you don't, do they give them to you if you upgrade? We have 50k and want to do a 4 night cruise, will they let you use it on any 4 night cruise? We wanted to wait until we had enough points to get a 7 day cruise but I am concerned that they will stop this perk. Feels like we need to use it before that benefit gets changed...

Selene

We have had the RCCL visa card for many years. Last free cruise earning points for RCCL was in 2006. We switched after that year and earned a free cruise on NCL mastercard. After that free cruise we switched back to RCCL and will be going on our third free cruise. As long as you pay off your balance every month it's worth it and the cruise really is free.

Do you still get a credit for a free cruise? If you don't, do they give them to you if you upgrade? We have 50k and want to do a 4 night cruise, will they let you use it on any 4 night cruise? We wanted to wait until we had enough points to get a 7 day cruise but I am concerned that they will stop this perk. Feels like we need to use it before that benefit gets changed...

Selene

You can set it up to pay $1 for each pax in order to get the free cruise to count for C&A purposes.

Off topic, I know, but still worthy of communicating:

Patty: Joan is SO hot to return to South America, but there is absolutely NO WAY I will do either the Vision or the Splendour. I am sure you completely understand why. Remember the TA?

We booked the Celebrity Infinity, RT Buenos Aires, on Jan. 30, 2011. It goes as far as Ushuaia, with sight-seeing at places in Antarctica. Then it goes back around the horn in the return to BA, with a stop in Montevideo.

It is not the Radiance, I know, and their renovations will probably not have been done yet, but that seems the best we can find cruising. I will look a little more closely at its repositioning from Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale later that year.

The schedule for 2010 is too full right now to consider doing anything more. We do have your Radiance three times. 2/1 you know about, and 9/10, B2B with 9/24 ending in Tampa.

Jim and Joan

REALLY? We redeemed one 125,000 mile cert a few years ago and were only given credit for the lowest outside stateroom (as per what the certificate states). We paid the difference to upgrade to a balcony.

Today, I will redeem our second certificate, and am being told it works EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. In other words, Royal will credit me the equivalent of the lowest priced outside stateroom, and I will pay the difference between that and the cabin that I want.

The paperwork says you get a free cruise (minimum available oceanview stateroom) on a 5 - 7 night Caribbean or Mex Riv sailing with a max value of $2500. It does not say they will give you a $2500 credit.

Please explain. I'd LOVE to save the extra money.

They will only take the cruise only cost of the minimum available oceanview stateroom on your cruise.

Example: if you booked today on Serenade Of the Seas for 3 April 2010 the cost of an E2 balcony is $951pp/$1902 for 2 the minimum available oceanview stateroom is $709 pp/$1418 for 2, therefore you would get $1418 deducted from the $1902 you paid for the E2 Balcony (trust me on this one because I just redeemed points for my free cruise).

The only time you make out with the max of $2500 is when the price of the minimum oceanview is over $2500.:mad:

Right now for the same week Oasis Of the Seas minimum oceanview stateroom prices are $2079 pp/4158 for 2:eek:

Archived