Walking tour from Synagogue

lcumpire

There are four of us and we are thinking of taking a taxi from CB to the Jewish Synagogue and then do a walking tour of Charlotte Amalie. I think that I read that it is pretty steep so I thought that walking down toward the water makes sense. We would then take a taxi back to the ship at CB.

No beach at St. Thomas as we are also visiting Princess Cays, Grand Turk and St. Maartin.

Thoughts appreciated?

There is almost no way to avoid going up a portion of that hill. The taxi is going to drop you off at the Market Square probably, and then you'll have to walk to the Synagogue.

The route with the shortest steep hill portion, if you're going east on Main St (Market Square will be behind you), and make a left on Trompeter Gade and go two blocks, if you look left you'll see the Synagogue about 1/4 a block up the hill. I don't remember what's on that corner, but the next corner is Raadet's Gade and you'll see the Reformed Church if you look to the left. Then you know you've gone a block too far east.

Take the same route back down.

There is almost no way to avoid going up a portion of that hill. The taxi is going to drop you off at the Market Square probably, and then you'll have to walk to the Synagogue.

The route with the shortest steep hill portion, if you're going east on Main St (Market Square will be behind you), and make a left on Trompeter Gade and go two blocks, if you look left you'll see the Synagogue about 1/4 a block up the hill. I don't remember what's on that corner, but the next corner is Raadet's Gade and you'll see the Reformed Church if you look to the left. Then you know you've gone a block too far east.

Take the same route back down.

Thank you very much - I will look on a map. We will need a taxi no matter what we do.

Archived