Reduit Beach

Can'tstopcruising

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! Has anyone been there recently? We would like to know the taxi and rental prices.

Someone mentioned the Rex Hotel. Does anyone know how much they charge to use their beach?

Thanks.

Taxi to Reduit beach is $25 each way for 4 people. The Rex St. Lucian has a day pass for $59 all inclusive. You can contact them directly. St Lucian by rex resorts

PO Box 512' date=' Reduit Beach

Castries

St. Lucia

Tel Number: +1 (758) 452-8351

Email: [email']stlslu@rexresorts.net[/email]

Fax Number: +1 (758) 452-8331

We are going to St Lucia in March, I emailed the Rex hotel about making reservations for the day pass and I was told they are not doing day passes during the time we are there. Can we still go to Reduit beach without passes to the Rex?

Last Wednesday, January 20, 2010 we cruised to St. Lucia. At the dock we took a shuttle van (I think it was $6 pp round trip?) to Reduit Beach which dropped us off at the St. Lucian Resort. It was a lovely beach with water sports. Lots of vendors trying to sell you stuff, though. There was no charge to use the beach, but there was a charge for the chairs and umbrellas. I think we paid $20 for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella. (Sorry, after visiting so many islands in one week I can't keep all the prices straight!) The water was beautiful and the beach atmosphere was very nice -- no loud music. We would go there again.

Last Wednesday, January 20, 2010 we cruised to St. Lucia. At the dock we took a shuttle van (I think it was $6 pp round trip?) to Reduit Beach which dropped us off at the St. Lucian Resort. It was a lovely beach with water sports. Lots of vendors trying to sell you stuff, though. There was no charge to use the beach, but there was a charge for the chairs and umbrellas. I think we paid $20 for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella. (Sorry, after visiting so many islands in one week I can't keep all the prices straight!) The water was beautiful and the beach atmosphere was very nice -- no loud music. We would go there again.

When you say round trip...you set up a time for that same taxi driver to come back? Had you pre-paid him, or only half of it and half on the ride back? Is this the closest beach to the port?

Taxi to Reduit beach is $25 each way for 4 people. The Rex St. Lucian has a day pass for $59 all inclusive. You can contact them directly. St Lucian by rex resorts

PO Box 512, Reduit Beach

Castries

St. Lucia

Tel Number: +1 (758) 452-8351

Email: stlslu@rexresorts.net

Fax Number: +1 (758) 452-8331

Cruisecookie just posted that it was $6 pp round trip to Reduit. Just wondering which is it...$50 to go to the beach or $25 total to go to the beach? If it is the more expensive, I will book someone rather than just go with a taxi driver.

...Can we still go to Reduit beach without passes to the Rex?

The one time we went we just took a taxi there. The taxi's dropped us off at a spot where it was a public beach. We arranged a return trip with the taxi driver. I don't remember the cab fare but the $25 each way sounds about right to us as I don't remember it being real expensive.

As we've found in many other beaches in the Caribbean your taxi is greeted by someone who rents chairs and will take you to their chair. If you don't' want to go there you don't have to, but why not.

There were beach vender's selling trinkets, drinks and maybe food - but we had lunch at a restaurant there (Spinnakers) some pics at: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Constellation-3-23-07-10-Day/St-Martin-and-St-Lucia/2988288_G2x37#161865833_tBnzX

Overall was a nice day - not my favorite beach in the Caribbean but not bad.

Archived