The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Thanks for all of this great information. We have a few days post cruise in Cocoa Beach/ Cape area. We get off our cruise on Sunday May 30th and have a rental car. Staying at Country Inn and Suites. Is there anything special going on for the long weekend that a family should see? We will have most of Sunday after debarkation. Monday we plan to visit KSC, then we have several hours in the morning of June 1st before we head off to the airport then home. We are a family of 4 - with 2 girls ages 7 and 9 who are great swimmers, animal lovers etc. Thanks

Thanks for all of this great information. We have a few days post cruise in Cocoa Beach/ Cape area. We get off our cruise on Sunday May 30th and have a rental car. Staying at Country Inn and Suites. Is there anything special going on for the long weekend that a family should see? We will have most of Sunday after debarkation. Monday we plan to visit KSC, then we have several hours in the morning of June 1st before we head off to the airport then home. We are a family of 4 - with 2 girls ages 7 and 9 who are great swimmers, animal lovers etc. Thanks

Go to post #5 and you will see a number of things to do and see especially the Brevard Zoo.

All the information you will need is there and will take some time to just read all through it.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

PS if I hear of anything happening around that time will post it as an UPDATE

I hope no one minds if I do not read all of the previous posts to see if my question has already been answered.

We are staying at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach before we cruise on RCCL's Freedom Of The Seas in August.

We would prefer to take a shuttle from the Orlando Airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship. The hotel has suggested we call Beachline Transportation Shuttle Service. They said it was around $26.50 each from the Orlando Airport to their hotel, then $5.00 each from their hotel to the ship.

If you can provide any information on this company good or bad, it would be very helpful. I trust someone has used them before and we just want to make sure they are reliable. If there are other companies that we should consider, that is fine too.

Thank-you for the help.

Dave

I hope no one minds if I do not read all of the previous posts to see if my question has already been answered.

We are staying at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach before we cruise on RCCL's Freedom Of The Seas in August.

We would prefer to take a shuttle from the Orlando Airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship. The hotel has suggested we call Beachline Transportation Shuttle Service. They said it was around $26.50 each from the Orlando Airport to their hotel, then $5.00 each from their hotel to the ship.

If you can provide any information on this company good or bad, it would be very helpful. I trust someone has used them before and we just want to make sure they are reliable. If there are other companies that we should consider, that is fine too.

Thank-you for the help.

Dave

Dave they are very nice folks to work with also mention you are off this board for your discount AND also if you will go to post #5, you will find the answers you need to everything

Hello Shirley....WOW...What a big thank-you for providing all of that information from Post #5. That was like writing a novel. My head would be spinning if I ever had the patience to do that.

Well, it answered my questions. It looks like we will call Beachline and have them shuttle us from the Orlando Airport to the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach, then, take the shuttle from the hotel to the cruise ship the following morning.

Thank-you very much. Everyone is so helpful on this site. If we could just bottle this friendliness and pass it on to everyone in the world, things would not be as bad as they seem to be getting.

Regards,

Dave

Hello Shirley....WOW...What a big thank-you for providing all of that information from Post #5. That was like writing a novel. My head would be spinning if I ever had the patience to do that.

Well, it answered my questions. It looks like we will call Beachline and have them shuttle us from the Orlando Airport to the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach, then, take the shuttle from the hotel to the cruise ship the following morning.

Thank-you very much. Everyone is so helpful on this site. If we could just bottle this friendliness and pass it on to everyone in the world, things would not be as bad as they seem to be getting.

Regards,

Dave

Hello Dave,

Cruise Critic was very kind to allow all that information to be posted so that folks would have just one place to look without driving themselves nutso in order to get all their questions answered - I can not go back and do any editing, but I do UPDATES of stuff happening here throughtout the year.

It takes a lot of time to open all the links or read all the information, but it is better than posting and just hoping someone has the answers needed - The input from so many cruisers also is very important - the old thread was awesome but it became to a point where the same questions were being asked without doing a search or research and it became kinda boring to keep repeating stuff

Glad that helped - most important remember those that do give you a discount or treats if you mention the CC board.

Any advice on getting from Port Everglades to FLL after our ship returns at 7 in the morning We have a 12:45 flight out of FLL. I read some other threads that said the taxi situation at the Port can be chaotic. We shouldn't be pressed for time but would like to avoid any unpleasant experiences if possible.

This is a Port Canaveral thread and you are asking about Port Everglades.

But to answer your question, we sailed out of FLL this past November and the best advice someone gave us was to flag down a porter as soon as you can, let them take your luggage and follow them right through customs, they will flag down a taxi for you and you're off to the airport.

Don't forget to tip them for their trouble......best $$$ you will ever spend!!!

Hello "SOMEWHEREBEYONDTHESEA".....Since we are cruising in a few weeks and also using BEACHLINE Transportation, I can report back to you first and let you and others know about our experience, not only with them, but at the Doubletree Hotel in Cocoa Beach.

Dave

I apologize that this question has probably been asked numerous times in the past. We'll need one-way transportation for 6 (w/luggage) from Port Canaveral to MCO. Flight leaves MCO at 12:20pm. We'll walk off ship using early disembark and should be ready to leave by 8:30 - 9:00am. Thanks in advance for your help!

I apologize that this question has probably been asked numerous times in the past. We'll need one-way transportation for 6 (w/luggage) from Port Canaveral to MCO. Flight leaves MCO at 12:20pm. We'll walk off ship using early disembark and should be ready to leave by 8:30 - 9:00am. Thanks in advance for your help!

Go to the first page, look for post #5 and it will give you a whole bunch of information

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello "SOMEWHEREBEYONDTHESEA".....Since we are cruising in a few weeks and also using BEACHLINE Transportation, I can report back to you first and let you and others know about our experience, not only with them, but at the Doubletree Hotel in Cocoa Beach.

Dave

Hey there Dave - did you tell Beachline you got the information off this board cause they do offer 10% if so and as for Doubletree, you gonna like walking on that beach - In May you can start looking for turtles but do not disturb - they start the laying of eggs beginning in May - also there is a HUGE sand art festival here in Cape Canaveral starting this week - my gosh those forms are as high as 10 feet or more - going to see it as soon as it opens - Doubletree is pretty good - sits off the road and then you have a small shopping mall in front of it - a very very busy highway so take care - there is a neat coffee shop that I found Sunday and sat there while it rained watching the little birds take shelter under the eaves - pretty neat I though -

Enjoy your stay

Appreciate your advice for the best car rental drop off location nearest Port Canaveral. We're flying into Tampa, renting a car for a couple of days, then will drop off at Port Canaveral prior to cruise.

Which rental companies have best location and reputation for easy and efficient drop off? Does the shuttle from the rental drop off point to the port transport all passengers and luggage? Or, do you have to drop off passengers at port, then turn in vehicle? Too many questions, but I truly appreciate the guidance!

Appreciate your advice for the best car rental drop off location nearest Port Canaveral. We're flying into Tampa, renting a car for a couple of days, then will drop off at Port Canaveral prior to cruise.

Which rental companies have best location and reputation for easy and efficient drop off? Does the shuttle from the rental drop off point to the port transport all passengers and luggage? Or, do you have to drop off passengers at port, then turn in vehicle? Too many questions, but I truly appreciate the guidance!

All of the car rentals from Hertz to Enterprise are all within 1 and a half mile of each other and all are in Cape Canaveral - on post #5, the whole list is there - everyone works about the same way and also very cooperative with each other - Budget and Avis are "sisters", Dollar and Thrifty are sisters and in the same building and on down.

Now my understanding from what I have read about dropping passengers off first or all going together. You do have to do some research but you will come up with the answers or someone else may help - anyhow hope you find what you are looking for

UPDATE:

Be aware that if you are caught doing even one mile over the speed limit, you will be stopped and ticketed. Traffic is extremely heavy here in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach so please be careful - also if you are walking and need to cross our busy highway, please go to a corner that has a light and still be aware we have drivers that are very careless - Take time to take all precautions ok?

Enjoy your stay with us and come back to see us.

Hey all, we are going to be staying at the Radisson Resort at the Port before we sail 5/7 and I was just wondering if there is a walgreens/drugstore in walking distance from there? We want to only bring carry ons, so I will need to buy razors there if possible along with a big ol' sunscreen. :)

Hey all, we are going to be staying at the Radisson Resort at the Port before we sail 5/7 and I was just wondering if there is a walgreens/drugstore in walking distance from there? We want to only bring carry ons, so I will need to buy razors there if possible along with a big ol' sunscreen. :)

The closest drugstore which is Walgreen and CVS is a little over 2 miles South of the Radisson, but you do have Racetrac which is thisclose to the Radisson that you can walk to and also the Radisson does have a gift shop on the North side of the building.

Folks have written me about flea markets and thought I would post this for those that were interested.

there are no flea markets any longer here in Cocoa Beach for they have been gone for more years than not - the only ones left are in Cocoa and Melbourne - the one in Cocoa is called the Fronteau Flea Market and its on US 1 about 15 miles or so from Cocoa Beach - it has been allowed to get run down and just not like it use to be - the nicer on is located in Melbourne right on Hwy 95 about 1/2 hour from Cocoa Beach.

It is called the Super Flea Market -

Here is some info that may help you

http://www.superfleamarket.com/

Cocoa

Name: Space Coast Frontenac Flea Market

Address: 5605 North U.S. Highway #1

Phone: 321-631-0241

Operates: Weekly

Hours open to the public: 8-5

Dealers: 300

Booths: 800

Customers: 20,000 Weekly

Directions:

We are located 4 Miles North on Highway US 1 and State Road 528. From I-95, Take state road 528 east for appoximately 3 miles until you hit US-1. Head north on US 1 4 miles and we're located on the west side of US Highway 1.

Is there a parking fee? Yes

Description:

Brevard County, Space Coast Frontenac Flea Market Featuring Over

700 Vendors, Largest Outdoor Shopping Mall in Brevard County

Good luck

Always

Shirley

Just read through the whole thing and still have one question--Is the shuttle from the pier to Thirfty Car rental free? Is it convenient? I see that Avis has a free shuttle but their rates are double! Thanks