The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

I wanted to share something with you for those just in case stuff

I had the opportunity to take my 2 great grandkids to the dinosaur store today and I was blown out of my mind with the stuff they offered -I told the kids they were going on an adventure not thinking that I would enjoyed the stuff as much as they did - we spent about 2 hours in there looking at everything and then going to the playroom where there is all kinds of interesting games for the kids and even a movie on dinosaurs - live alligators, snakes, poison frogs (awesome colors) plus other interesting reptiles.

They children left there in awe. Now I am serious when I say that the attendant can NOT BE A BABYSITTER - it is her job to show the kids how everything works and will answer any questions, but to think it is nice to just drop your children off there while you go off, nope that isn't the idea of the entertainment part especially if your children are very young. I saw a mother drop off 2 young kids about 6 and then left to do her shopping - the attentant was upset cause if the kids get hurt, guess who is blamed.

Anyhow if you have a chance stop by - hope you enjoy it as much as I did -

We also went to 4 points and the fish tank and in fact sat right in front of the tank while the kids and I had pizza and a drink - our server is one of the young men who gets in the tank to feed the fish - there is a moray eel there that likes to be petted like a dog and his name is Freddy - then there is Dory - the kids and I really had a neat time while relaxing and eating - Now time for bed so just wanted to share

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-))

Hi Shirley,

Great thread....we've learned so much from you. My husband and myself will be going on our first cruise, FOS in July, staying at the Radisson for a day, post cruise. We will not have a car, taking the Cocoa Beach Shuttle from Orlando Airport to the hotel.

We've heard good thing about Grills Restaurant, but I'm wondering if we can walk there from the hotel. I know the hotel has a restaurant and we'll probably have lunch there, bur we'd like to go somewhere else for dinner. I know Zackery's and Kelsey's are within waking distance but we'd like to try something else. They would be great for breakfast....

So, can we walk there? Now, this is in July and I know the Florida heat (we're from New Jersey so we know summer heat and humidity) is hot, hot, hot so we don't want to walk too far.

When we return from our cruise, we're going to rent a car and stay in Cocoa Beach for a few days so there won't be a problem driving to other restaurants. Would appreciate any help and recs.

By the way, we love, love, love Key West. We were there three year ago and fell in love with the place.....also like the the other keys, Key Largo, Marathon and Islamorada (sp?)

Thanks in advance,

Amy:)

Hi Shirley,

Great thread....we've learned so much from you. My husband and myself will be going on our first cruise, FOS in July, staying at the Radisson for a day, post cruise. We will not have a car, taking the Cocoa Beach Shuttle from Orlando Airport to the hotel.

We've heard good thing about Grills Restaurant, but I'm wondering if we can walk there from the hotel. I know the hotel has a restaurant and we'll probably have lunch there, bur we'd like to go somewhere else for dinner. I know Zackery's and Kelsey's are within waking distance but we'd like to try something else. They would be great for breakfast....

So, can we walk there? Now, this is in July and I know the Florida heat (we're from New Jersey so we know summer heat and humidity) is hot, hot, hot so we don't want to walk too far.

When we return from our cruise, we're going to rent a car and stay in Cocoa Beach for a few days so there won't be a problem driving to other restaurants. Would appreciate any help and recs.

By the way, we love, love, love Key West. We were there three year ago and fell in love with the place.....also like the the other keys, Key Largo, Marathon and Islamorada (sp?)

Thanks in advance,

Hello Amy

Grills is GREAT but YOU CAN NOT walk from the hotel to the port - first it is across a very dangerous highway and then there are no sidewalks - you would have to catch a cab to go and the cost is not bad - both Zackery's and Kelsey is good for lunch - your best bet is to go to the post #5 and it will fill you with a HUGE list of things to do, go - how to get there etc.

As for Key West - it really was a paradise when I was growing up there - now it is very touristy so Norm and I do not venture into downtown unless we have errands to run.

Glad we all could help and enjoy your stay when you come down.

Thanks Shirley for the info. We didn't realize that it was a cab ride away. I went to post #5 and it looks like Zackary's and Kelsey's are the only two places withing walking distance to the hotel.

As you said, it might not be too expensive for a cab so we'll probably do something like that. Fishlips looks nice also and they take reservations...so we'll see

Thanks so much for your advice

Hi Shirley,

Just wanted to let you know that I called the Radisson about complementary shuttles to restaurants, points of interest, etc. in the area. They told me that on Friday and Saturday they do provide comp shuttles to various places. I asked them about Grills and Fishlips and they said those restaurants were withing the driving area for service. So, it's all settled, we'll take their cab and go to one of the the restaurants.

Thanks for everything

Is getting from Port Canaveral to Orlando airport for a 11am flight too early? This will be in mid December this year with Southwest to Buffalo. We'll be disembarking from Freedom. Thanks so much!!

You would be cutting it close especially if the beachline gets backed up by accidents etc

although the airport is exalty a 45 minute ride from the port to the airport

I am sure a number of folks will give you more and better information - Me? I wouldn't want to raise my stress level up after going on a great cruise

Hi Shirley,

Just wanted to let you know that I called the Radisson about complementary shuttles to restaurants, points of interest, etc. in the area. They told me that on Friday and Saturday they do provide comp shuttles to various places. I asked them about Grills and Fishlips and they said those restaurants were withing the driving area for service. So, it's all settled, we'll take their cab and go to one of the the restaurants.

Thanks for everything

Amy they will also pick you up from the cove which its called where all the restaurants are at - I believe fishlips is nice, but I wasn't too happy with the fact that the salads and breads are all extras which I feel should be included with their meals since they are not exalty at a low cost and service was lacking - this is just my own feelings ok? Whatever you decide to do or go

you will enjoy it all including the scenery.

Thanks Shirley. I think we'll probably go to Grills or Milliken's Reef (sp?)...someone just told my husband that that is also a nice place. We just want good food (seafood), clean place and relaxing atmosphere...

Amy

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for everything

oh THATs GREAT:)

My Family will be staying at the Radisson at the port the day before our cruise and the day right after our cruise in Nov. Is there anything around the port that anybody would recommend that a 5yr old would like to do. She is a to young to enjoy the space center, so I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Lisa

My Family will be staying at the Radisson at the port the day before our cruise and the day right after our cruise in Nov. Is there anything around the port that anybody would recommend that a 5yr old would like to do. She is a to young to enjoy the space center, so I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hello Lisa - if you will go to the first page and look at post #5, it will give you a number of suggestions such as the Manatee Park right in back of the Radisson, the Dinosaur Store which is in Cocoa Beach, Shark Tank at 4 Points (which is the sister to the Radisson)

Cocoa Beach Pier, Brevard Zoo which a few suggestions - I am sure folks will post to give you more information and help

Hi Shirley,

Happy Father's Day to the fathers in your family...I have a question about Catholic churches in Cocoa Beach. We return from our cruise on a Sunday morning...going to La Quinta for some post cruise time and would like to get to a Mass on Sunday. We'll have a car. Not sure what churches are in that area. Any info...

Thanks,

Amy

i think that was the name...place to pick up sodas and snacks...i am assuming this is like a 7-11 convenience type store? do they sell GINGERALE? or will i need to go ELSEWHERE for that? THANKS

and if so i am staying at the Radisson so what would be close?

Hi everyone

I am looking for a shuttle from tampa area (pasco) to port canaveral in oct, there are 5 of us and no ones vehicle will hold all of us and luggage

I did look into renting but the cheap prices are at the airports and I'm an hour from tampa airport.

The only company I found is this one- Gunny's Intrastate travel, has anyone used them???

http://www.infogunnystravel.com/home

any suggestions will be appreciated

I'm new at this and not sure where to post, hope this is the spot

bulldogblues

Hi Shirley,

Happy Father's Day to the fathers in your family...I have a question about Catholic churches in Cocoa Beach. We return from our cruise on a Sunday morning...going to La Quinta for some post cruise time and would like to get to a Mass on Sunday. We'll have a car. Not sure what churches are in that area. Any info...

Thanks,

Amy

Hello Amy and Happy Monday to you - now go to the first page and look for post #5 - you will see ALL the churches information including Our Saviour Catholic church and I even have their website posted which list all the times and days of Mass - The LaQuinta is less than 1/2 mile West of the hotel where you will be staying.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think that was the name...place to pick up sodas and snacks...i am assuming this is like a 7-11 convenience type store? do they sell GINGERALE? or will i need to go ELSEWHERE for that? THANKS

and if so i am staying at the Radisson so what would be close?

Hello Jan,

Ractrac is thisclose to the Radisson and YES they do carry Gingerale - go to page 1 and post #5 and you will see all the information on Ractrac - They are the only convinience store close to the Radisson, Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites.

Very clean place

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have read this thread and haven't found anbody who actually used the discount codes to rent a car come back and give an update as to how it went when they got to the counters. Sure would like to hear from somebody who either did have a problem or who didn't. I don't want to use a code that isn't usable and them be stuck with paying a high dollar price for a car. On the other hand if it is legitimate then I"m all for a discount!!

Thanks, Shirley.....sorry, should have re-read the thread. You must be going crazy with with posters, like me, who ask the question first before going to see if the answer is on the thread.......but you always respond with such graciousness...

Thanks,

Amy

So I have read this thread and haven't found anbody who actually used the discount codes to rent a car come back and give an update as to how it went when they got to the counters. Sure would like to hear from somebody who either did have a problem or who didn't. I don't want to use a code that isn't usable and them be stuck with paying a high dollar price for a car. On the other hand if it is legitimate then I"m all for a discount!!

I used the code when making my reservation and then got a confirmation email and the discount is on the confirmation. It clearly states the confirmed rate on the email so I do not think that it will change.

Hello Jan,

Ractrac is thisclose to the Radisson and YES they do carry Gingerale - go to page 1 and post #5 and you will see all the information on Ractrac - They are the only convinience store close to the Radisson, Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites.

Very clean place

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

oh sorry i got the name wrong...OH this is just FANTASTIC...THANKS so MUCH SHIRLEY...this should just be PERFECT:)

Thanks, Shirley.....sorry, should have re-read the thread. You must be going crazy with with posters, like me, who ask the question first before going to see if the answer is on the thread.......but you always respond with such graciousness...

Thanks,

Amy

Amy that is no problem at all - Now one of the things that I will post later on is a safe zone phone number while here in Port Canaveral - it has been used many times and there are no strings attached - I always do this during the summer months especially due to bad weather or if there is a emergency and need help.

Take care and hope you found what you were looking for - the thread is so full that you have to keep scanning over it until you find your answers but they are all there.

My sincere pleasure to help anytime I can.