The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Do you have another suggestions instead of Country Inn, cause i would like more to be in Orlando so i'm closed to Universal and Airport for the next morning.

Hello Canada,

I am sorry that I misunderstood - look go to this link and see if it will help you in any way.

and if not just goggle hotels around airport and Universal.

If I can help further, just let me know

http://orlando.airporthotelguide.com/

Is the pool at the Radison heated?

During the summer, the sun takes very good care of heating the pool and YES during the winter it is heated to keep the icicles off of folks as myself :-))

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hello Canada,

I am sorry that I misunderstood - look go to this link and see if it will help you in any way.

and if not just goggle hotels around airport and Universal.

If I can help further, just let me know

http://orlando.airporthotelguide.com/

Sorry Shirley to bother you with this again. But does Bud manage the one also in Orlando cause I have noticed there is also a Country Inn & Stes in Orlando too....

Sorry Shirley to bother you with this again. But does Bud manage the one also in Orlando cause I have noticed there is also a Country Inn & Stes in Orlando too....

Just drop Bud an email and explain your situation for I am sure he is familiar with the CI&S there in Orlando. He will help you if he can without one doubt and this way your mind can be at ease ok?

Let me know what happened

Hello Shirley and everybody. I have not been on here in a while. I hope all is well!

WELCOME HOME PRESTON --OMG have we missed you and in fact if you will look at a few post back, I posted how bad I missed you, your humor, your knowledge etc.

Please come back and give your expert advise pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

Hugsssssssss

just me

Does anyone know if any Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach hotel has room that will accomodate 5? We would prefer one big room or suite to taking 2 rooms (more fun for the kids).

Thank you!

I've read that the International Palms have kids suites. They're also right on the beach. You can see their reviews here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34145-d84288-Reviews-International_Palms_Resort_Conference_Center_Cocoa_Beach-Cocoa_Beach_Florida.html

Does anyone know if any Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach hotel has room that will accomodate 5? We would prefer one big room or suite to taking 2 rooms (more fun for the kids).

Thank you!

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in a 1 BR suite. There were 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room area. It worked great for our family of 6 (my mom was with us). I also got the best rate for our dates by calling them directly - I wanted to make sure that we could park our car there for the week, so I called to be sure. We got a rate of $144.00 which was for 3 adults (I think there was an extra $10 for the 3rd adult) and 3 kids. I thought it was great since it included a free shuttle, free parking and a free hot breakfast for everyone.

Thank you!

Check out Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral. You might have to call. I can not get it as an option when trying to book. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. There was also a hide a bed. The living area seperates the two bedrooms.

Edited by suezyq50

I will be in Port Canaveral on September 24. I am looking for a really good seafood restaurant that has all-u-can-eat crab legs.

WOW!!!!!!!!! I really don't know that kind of combination, but I do know that the Chinese buffett restaurant at the South end of Cocoa Beach do have all the crab legs you can eat.

I have tried it and it isn't bad at all for the price and I LOVE the young man of 9 named Andy who does a great job of finding a place for you to sit, get your silverware and drinks to help his mom and his explanation of everything is worth going even if the food wasn't good OH and he loves his tips ;-))

Thank you!

You can always write Sarah with the Residence Inn and she can advise you which is the best way to go - her email is on post #295, but to make it easier this time here it is and please make sure you got the information of the CC board ok>

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah.OShea@marriott.com

Thanks for the reply Shirley, but we are really looking for a seafood restaurant. Only one of my group is looking for the all-u can-eat crablegs. I found that "Florida Seafood" has the alaskan crab legs and "Old Fish House" has blue crab. Any recommendations as far as these two places go?

Thanks for the reply Shirley, but we are really looking for a seafood restaurant. Only one of my group is looking for the all-u can-eat crablegs. I found that "Florida Seafood" has the alaskan crab legs and "Old Fish House" has blue crab. Any recommendations as far as these two places go?

Hey there Gambit - LOVE THESE 2 PLACES - Now Florida Seafood has quite a menu and you can sit by aquariums that are full of sea life which I always find interesting - the food is great and nice presentation - they don't take reservations but most of the time, you don't have a long wait - now as for the Old Fish House - its almost across the street from Florida Seafood and YEP they do have fresh blue crabs - I love the OFH simply because it is smaller, feels more comfy and feel more special - now these are my own thoughts and my own feelings ok - it all depends on what you are looking for - go to post 295 for I believe I give a better description there.

Whichever place you go, I know you will enjoy

Thank you!

Not sure if this will work for you but the Country Inn & Suites has a "kids suite" (I believe it's called)......there is a queen bed in the main part of the room......then there's a smaller room that's enclosed with walls that don't go all the way to the ceiling......which has a set of bunk beds and a twin bed in there. It has it's own little TV in there for them to use too. The one we stayed in had some neat artwork inside the kids room.

Hope this helps......

Hi Shirley-

First, THANK YOU so much for the detailed information on #295. It helped us narrow the rental from MCO to the port. Also, I echo what has been said earlier, the Mr. Panackia (thanks for the contact information) from Radisson is incredibly helpful.

I have a question about the return to MCO from port, (C. Sensation on 9/9) I noticed prices of less than $12/pp for groups of 10, compared to $30+ for 1 or 2 in a shared van or $80+ for a car rental to MCO. Any suggestions on how to get a MCO shuttle group going on this board? I'm sure at least 8 other people would like to save some $$$. If there is a thread for this already I can't find it.

Thanks again for all your detailed information.

Alex

Hi Shirley-

First, THANK YOU so much for the detailed information on #295. It helped us narrow the rental from MCO to the port. Also, I echo what has been said earlier, the Mr. Panackia (thanks for the contact information) from Radisson is incredibly helpful.

I have a question about the return to MCO from port, (C. Sensation on 9/9) I noticed prices of less than $12/pp for groups of 10, compared to $30+ for 1 or 2 in a shared van or $80+ for a car rental to MCO. Any suggestions on how to get a MCO shuttle group going on this board? I'm sure at least 8 other people would like to save some $$$. If there is a thread for this already I can't find it.

Alex

Ask on your rollcall if anyone is interested in sharing a ride. That is the best place to coordinate it because you'll all be there at the same time.

Sailing on the FOS from Port Canaveral Sunday, Dec 12th. I am trying to rent a car at MCO on Saturday and return in Port Canaveral on Sunday. Even with out a discount code, it states a Friday night stay is required. It lets me make the reservation, but it states that under the "Rate Rules" so I don't want to have a problem when I get there. Is there no way to rent a car for just one day?

Edited by KentuckyTam

Ask on your rollcall if anyone is interested in sharing a ride. That is the best place to coordinate it because you'll all be there at the same time.

Thanks. I tried that but no response from my small rollcall:confused:. This particular cruise has only a hand full of people so far so I thought I'd venture out and ask the pros. for ideas.

Hi Shirley-

Alex

Good Morning Alex - it is my sincere pleasure to help when I can (and yes Joe P. is a great guy) now I have to agree with Peg, but let me see what I can find out and get back to you.

Kentucky - also let me check a couple of things out and also will back to you.

Hope everyone has a great day today - keep smiling :-))

Good Morning Alex - it is my sincere pleasure to help when I can (and yes Joe P. is a great guy) now I have to agree with Peg, but let me see what I can find out and get back to you.

Kentucky - also let me check a couple of things out and also will back to you.

Hope everyone has a great day today - keep smiling :-))

Hi Shirley-

Thanks again. I was thinking of posting a new thread asking if anyone needed trasnportation on 9/9 to MCO. Worse case, we'll rent a car back to MCO rather than spend $60 on a bus...

Kentucky-Avis let's you rent Sat-Sun