The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

[quote name='DebsterW']Shirley,

Thank you so much for putting me in contact with Stefani(courtyard) she was able to help me!!!

Deb[/QUOTE]

She is a sweetie to work with and glad she was able to help - having one to one contact can make anyone feel better and more assured.
glad it worked out
:-) Edited by snelsonbrown

[quote name='pr0pel']Does anyone know which car rental agency doesn't charge a drop off fee? I have a 1 way rental from Avis post cruise returning at MCO and they say they're the only ones in the PC area that do not charge drop off rates. I now need one pre-cruise for a 1 way to PC and was wondering if any of the airport locations charge drop off fees to PC or not.[/QUOTE]

The only 2 that I know of that charges drop off fee is Thrifty and Dollar - the drop off fee is $40.00
Hope that will help

[quote name='marbo40']hi shirley,

i have a question for you. are taxi rates set for $80 as cost from cruise ship to orlando airport or are they metered? thanks for your reply.[/QUOTE]

Taxi rates start at about $100.00 plus for extra people - metered it would cost an arm and leg and then more.

Thanks to this thread, I have confirmed reservations with Travelynx for our 11/20/10 cruise. They were very prompt with their email replies and personable on the phone. We are 6 adults flying into MCO so they will transport us from the airport to the Residence Inn on the day prior to our cruise, transport us from the hotel to the cruise port then from the cruise port to our hotel in Orlando after the cruise. There's no way we could rent a vehicle large enough for us and our luggage for the price they are charging. I'll come back with a review of our experience when we return.

We are staying at the Residence Inn as we stayed there pre-cruise a couple of years ago and were quite pleased. I see by trip advisor that it remains a popular choice and rated number one in that area.

[quote name='MonaCD']Thanks to this thread, I have confirmed reservations with Travelynx for our 11/20/10 cruise. They were very prompt with their email replies and personable on the phone. We are 6 adults flying into MCO so they will transport us from the airport to the Residence Inn on the day prior to our cruise, transport us from the hotel to the cruise port then from the cruise port to our hotel in Orlando after the cruise. There's no way we could rent a vehicle large enough for us and our luggage for the price they are charging. I'll come back with a review of our experience when we return.

We are staying at the Residence Inn as we stayed there pre-cruise a couple of years ago and were quite pleased. I see by trip advisor that it remains a popular choice and rated number one in that area.[/QUOTE]

Very good choices MonaCD - have a great cruise

[quote name='cruisinaz']Many hotels require 10 rooms to book a group. But being in the hotel business.. .I would say you have 10, then only 8 pick up and you should be OK. Just double check the contract.[/quote]

Thank you! :D I've never been to FFL and never used this company, but I found this site. Maybe someone could given you a recommendation on them. Trying to return a favor! Thanks again! [URL]http://www.allviplimo.com/rates.php[/URL]

[quote name='cruisinaz']Anyone know how much a limo would cost from the airport to the port in FLL? I want to splurge but I might be dreaming with how much that splurge will cost.[/QUOTE]

Michael is the one you want to drop a note to - quite the gentleman
and make sure you let him know you got the information from this board - his prices are awesome
[email]viplimo@screenstar.com[/email]

OOPS I didn't read this right - you are in FLL and Michael is here in Brevard County
SORRREEEEEEEEEEEEE Edited by snelsonbrown

[quote name='ck93']Does anyone know how many rooms are needed to make a group booking? We have finalized the majority of our plans and are looking at staying at the Radisson. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Look drop Joe P a note at the Radisson and he most likely will work with you - he is a sweetie when it comes to being a GM

[email]jpanackia@radissonport.com[/email]

[quote name='ck93']Oh... and I let them know Shirley on CC directed us to them! :D[/QUOTE]

I got to really know Joe in 2004 when he was kind enough to help me get 4 families out of here when Hurricane Frances was just hours away - he is very gracious to all of his guest.

Just back from our Sensation cruise... and wanted to let everyone know about our SUPERB experience with Mike from VIP Limo!!!

I had booked Mike's towncar service for to drive us from the Orlando airport to our hotel in Cocoa Beach and then from the cruise port back to the airport at the end of our cruise.

When we met Mike at the airport, he greeted us in his STRETCH LIMO!! Apparently, his towncar was unavailable! His service was very nice and professional. He is very knowledgeble about the area and extremely helpful!

We will definitely use his services again when visiting the area!!

Thanks again for the great advise, Shirley!!

[quote name='snelsonbrown']I got to really know Joe in 2004 when he was kind enough to help me get 4 families out of here when Hurricane Frances was just hours away - he is very gracious to all of his guest.[/quote]

That is great to know! I look forward to dealing with him! Thanks! :)

Does anyone know if it is possible to walk from the Renaissance (on 17th St) to the port where Solstice docks? Looking at a map, it apears very close, but there may be fences, etc to make it difficult.
Thanks again to the generous posters who answer all our questions.

[quote name='Dunmore2']Does anyone know if it is possible to walk from the Renaissance (on 17th St) to the port where Solstice docks? Looking at a map, it apears very close, but there may be fences, etc to make it difficult.
Thanks again to the generous posters who answer all our questions.[/quote]

you are asking about Ft Lauderdale and this is a Pt Canaveral thread. Trying posting a new thread asking your question and I'm sure you will your answer.

Personally I have only been out of Ft Lauderdale once and I wouldn't attempt to walk to the port. Too many cars and too many security gates. Not sure they would let you through on foot.....

[quote name='Dunmore2']Does anyone know if it is possible to walk from the Renaissance (on 17th St) to the port where Solstice docks? Looking at a map, it apears very close, but there may be fences, etc to make it difficult.
Thanks again to the generous posters who answer all our questions.[/quote]

Don't even think of it! :eek: Big difference between map and actually being there. It's a cheap cab ride, so you'll be OK:)

[B]Unrelated point...Any recent reviews of CruiseXpress in Orlando? I didn't get any replies to this question on seperate thread...Anyone have any info on this company?[/B]

Mike Edited by manmtnmike

[quote name='corkyanige']Just back from our Sensation cruise... and wanted to let everyone know about our SUPERB experience with Mike from VIP Limo!!!

I had booked Mike's towncar service for to drive us from the Orlando airport to our hotel in Cocoa Beach and then from the cruise port back to the airport at the end of our cruise.

When we met Mike at the airport, he greeted us in his STRETCH LIMO!! Apparently, his towncar was unavailable! His service was very nice and professional. He is very knowledgeble about the area and extremely helpful!

We will definitely use his services again when visiting the area!!

Thanks again for the great advise, Shirley!![/QUOTE]

Helloooooooooooo Angie,
I am so glad everything went so well for you - you know one of the saddest part about this thread is that once anyone sails, we don't hear from them again and most I have really have had a click with - "you know you like them even though you don't know anything about them" sort of thing.

Thanks for the comment - isn't Michael the gentleman I said he was - he his quite the gentleman

[quote name='manmtnmike'][B]Unrelated point...Any recent reviews of CruiseXpress in Orlando? I didn't get any replies to this question on seperate thread...Anyone have any info on this company?[/B]

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hello Mike - I,myself, have never ever heard of this company and I get around quite a bit and never have ever seen their vehicles here in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach so don't know what to tell you - maybe someone else will post if they have used them or heard of them. Edited by snelsonbrown

Hi Shirley

I recieved your email.....thank you so much for information re Cocoa Beach. I will be sure to send off note to Lori.

Question: what does DV stand for ? I have racked my brains ...lol... trying to figure that abbreviation out.

Also, great list of towns south. I went to BCAA this am for triptik books. Once I get them I will have a better idea of towns between Cocoa Beach and FLL

Take care and try and have a restful fun weekend.

Sharon