Hotel and Parking in New Orleans

MarkK0120

Greetings - While this is my first post here, I've been lurking for about 6 months while planning our first cruise. Thanks to all of you for the great information you provide your fellow cruisers.

We will be sailing on the Conquest out of NOLA in March. In searching for a hotel for Saturday night (pre), I've contacted the Hilton Riverside about their $99 special with no luck. So, I started calling other hotels and wanted to share what I found to be a couple of good deals.

There are two hotels near the airport that will allow you to leave your car with them, at no charge, while you are on the cruise. Both indicated that "people do it all the time."

The Hilton Garden Inn in Kenner, LA, has rates from $89/night including parking.

The Comfort Suites in Kenner, LA, has rates from $67/night including parking, breakfast, and free wifi (or wired) internet access. This is where we will be staying.

I realize these are further from the port, and while no free shuttles are available, the cost of a cab is still much less than $12x7 days, not to mention not having to deal with the hassle of construction and traffic.

Just thought I would pass these along.

I just called the Monteleon-www.hotelmonteleon.com- and they have a summer rate of $99 available in May or so. She said it's walking distance to pier but a $10 flat rate for a cab - which you would need for luggage.

Be sure to go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=87005&page=8&pp=25 and list your sail date. There are individual roll call threads for all the March sailings - except the 20th - listed within the thread. If you are going on the 20th you can start a roll call thread and post the link also. I will add it to the update. Right now the most current list is on page 6, towards the bottom - but I will be updating tomorrow. I have everyone listed by sail date.

Meant to add that we are staying at the Holiday Inn on Convention Center Blvd. Close enough to walk. It is a little more - $129 - includes 7 days parking, bottle of wine, breakfast and shuttle to and from the pier (if you don't want to walk) and shuttle to the french quarter. You have to pay $12 for the extra day parking. We want to spend Saturday at the Riverwalk - so that was another reason to pick it.

Archived