Savona-train travel to Genova (Genoa)

museumlover

I've got the train schedule for Savona-Genova and then back to Savona but I need directions from the port (Costa Pacifica docking) to the train station. Does anyone know directions (step by step if possible). Thanks in advance!:):):)

Thanks euro cruiser! We will probably just walk it. In 2008 we arrived in Athens very late and took a taxi from the metro stop to our hotel. We knew it was only 2 km but we did not want to walk it at 11 o'clock at night. The driver made us put our two backpacks in the trunk (that way he was in control) and proceeded to drive completely around the Acropolis before reaching our hotel. We were enraged...the hotel rep was upset but we still had to pay 40 euros in order to get our backpacks. Ever since then, we have been very cautious about taxis.

So, are you saying that the train station is too far to walk from the port or was the option to use a taxi the "easy answer"? Have you been there? If so, what is the distance? Thanks in advance!

I got the impression that you were disembarking and therefore would have luggage. In that case, a taxi made more sense. Yes I have been there. Yes I have walked it. Not that far and not really a straight-forward easy walk.

Yes I have been there. Yes I have walked it. Not that far and not really a straight-forward easy walk.

GSP, do you know if the small bridge on the opposite side of the marina from the main port entrance can be used by cruise ship passengers? If yes, it makes the walk a little shorter and gets them out of the traffic a bit, but I'm wondering if port security requires pedestrians to approach the port the same way as vehicular traffic.

GSP, do you know if the small bridge on the opposite side of the marina from the main port entrance can be used by cruise ship passengers? If yes, it makes the walk a little shorter and gets them out of the traffic a bit, but I'm wondering if port security requires pedestrians to approach the port the same way as vehicular traffic.

Cannot say for certain but I think that it can. Seem to recall seeing a post some time ago (4-6 mos) that included photos of that bridge. Not certain that we are talking about the same bridge.

Wow, that's weird. The map I had originally went from the station, just as scottbee's does.

Also, scottbee's map uses the small bridge I was wondering about.

Archived