Royal or Carnival

mumeof3

ok the more I look the more confused...We took a Princess cruise about 2 years ago,loved it but wish there was more for the kids to do...

We have Teens-20's no small ones so we decided to try another cruise line...and it looks like Carnival Dream or Freedom of the seas.We travel with a few families,which works out for us.My worries are with teens I was always told to stay away from Carnival because lots of drunks and roudy young adults???and then I worry about everytime you turn around with Royal you hear horror storries and not to mention all the breakout of viruses,which on Princess we didnt have this{probably just luck}.

So please give me your input but let me know if you have done both lines and which you prefer:confused:

I think you will find the same problems on either line. Carnival has the Hairy Chest contest, RCCL has a belly flop contest.

Decide on price and if your family will use the rockwall, flowrider, etc that RCCL has on its ships.

We've never had problems on Carnival with our teens.

Norovirus is a common problem in close quarters. It can occur in nursing homes, dorms, camps and yes, even cruise ships. The lines need to report it when a certain percentage of those onboard get sick. The larger the ship the larger the number needed to make up that percentage.

Carnival is not the "drunken frat party" that some believe it to be!

Any short cruise on any ship/line will have it's share of "partiers" trying to squeeze in a weeks worth of fun into 3 days!

A weeklong cruise is an entirely different animal! On either line!

I think either line will be great for the age group you'll have! They are more similar than different....Carnival is less expensive and has larger cabins!

Hi,

All we have cruised is carnival. We don't know what the other lines are like. The reason for that is when I ask my girls (15 & 17) what line would we want to take our next trip on they say Carnival right away. We have watched videos of Royal and see all the things they have but they still say carnival. We just booked a 8 day on the Miracle for my DD graduation, Birthday present...

Archived