Number 10 on waitlist for Crown Princess Jan. 23

sadiea

We will be ready; it is just unfortunate that there isn't a "same day" standby for people that live very close. Like we would already be cleared by the appropriate governmental authorities in the event that someone had to back out on the day the ship was to depart.

No those days are gone.

We received our Emerald call at 3pm on a Friday, we sailed at 5pm on Sat! :eek:

I think you should forget about it. We are booked on this cruise and were just offered a moveover which we cannot accept. This means that they are overbooked and need to place those who already have guarantees. Waitlists cannot be acted upon if the guarantees don't have a cabin.

Sorry to have to tell you this, since I know you had been hoping.

We kind of figured that she might not get on. She's been stuck at #8 on the waitlist for the last few days. That's OK, though. My friend has a great "back up plan" that she's really excited about. There just isn't a whole lot of information about the process of being on a waitlist on these boards and so I appreciate all those that have taken the time to post their comments, opinions and personal experiences. There are actually 5 other couples accompanying us, all of whom have confimed cabins, so it isn't like we'll be cruising alone. This couple just waited a little too long to decide to come! Next time they'll get their ducks in a row a little earlier! :)

OK, I'm the lame friend that waited too long to book... Today we're at number 6 and tomorrow is packing day, flying out Friday morning. We've decided that we are going to book our Disney World stuff early Friday morning before noon EST. There are some pretty good deals. it will only be about 1,000 dollars for a week in a hotel and our tickets to Disney World (park hopper). So, I'm happy either way, but I would like to get on that dang ship. I wonder if Princess is sick of me calling them 4 times a day to check on my wait list status.;)

OK, I'm the lame friend that waited too long to book... Today we're at number 6 and tomorrow is packing day, flying out Friday morning. We've decided that we are going to book our Disney World stuff early Friday morning before noon EST. There are some pretty good deals. it will only be about 1,000 dollars for a week in a hotel and our tickets to Disney World (park hopper). So, I'm happy either way, but I would like to get on that dang ship. I wonder if Princess is sick of me calling them 4 times a day to check on my wait list status.;)

If in fact you do go to Disney, the anticipated weather this weekend should be around 80. Has to be a lot better than what you're leaving in Idaho.

If you do happen to get on board, please find me and say Hi! :D

If in fact you do go to Disney, the anticipated weather this weekend should be around 80. Has to be a lot better than what you're leaving in Idaho.

If you do happen to get on board, please find me and say Hi! :D

Sounds great! I'll have them page you Pia! :)

Yes, Idaho is cold, wet and grey right now, so we're excited to be in warm weather.

we're still 6 this morning so my hopes are not up for the ship.

Just for general interest, being #11 on the waitlist does not mean that 11 cabins have to open up in order for you to board. #s 1-10 might have changed their plans or might not be able to move that quickly, so Presto, suddenly #11 is next up. It happened to me last November, just 2 days before embarking.

Well, here is a funny one - Princess called around 12:00 noon eastern on Friday and said they had a cabin and asked if I wanted it. I said I would need under five minutes to double check with my wife and they said "ok that is fine but realize it is first come first serve". I figured that in five minutes it was unlikely someone else would get the call, say yes, et cetera. In under three minutes the same rep from Princess called back and said he was sorry but someone else had already taken it!

A different Princess rep called right at 5:00 p.m. eastern and I said yes fast enough that time! Now I have to finish packing....

Archived