Need help in Barbados

Sabi48

Hello everyone,

I have been reading all of the threads but I am still somewhat confused. We want to have a nice day at the beach, drinks, umbrellas, and washrooms with-a short distance from the ship (taxi ride). But I do not want to go to a hotel beach...

We are snorkelers...I prefer close to shore, and our kids young adults will be with us. Can't be too quiet of a beach.:) Hoping someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone,

I have been reading all of the threads but I am still somewhat confused. We want to have a nice day at the beach, drinks, umbrellas, and washrooms with-a short distance from the ship (taxi ride). But I do not want to go to a hotel beach...

We are snorkelers...I prefer close to shore, and our kids young adults will be with us. Can't be too quiet of a beach.:) Hoping someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

It would be difficult(if not impossible) to get this combination of beach on the island. Boatyard would be your best bet for something close by and that the young/young at heart will enjoy.

Barbados is not renowned for its snorkelling but like John said...paynes bay/folkstone maybe your best bet....and both of these are a fair distance from the port.

Unfortunately you may have to choose one or the other:(. Maybe someone else who is more familiar with the snorkelling ops may be able to suggest something else.

Unknown to most, there's some decent snorkelling to be had

along the inside edge of the offshore(150-200 yds.) barrier reef

at the Eastern end of Rockley Bay!

In another recent thread, someone was just saying how it's the best he's ever had.

Water's about 12-15 ft. deep out there,

and as long as you're water-worthy and a decently-strong swimmer/snorkeller

it's not a problem to get out there,really.

Archived