Does anyone ever wear a wig or hairpiece for formal nights?

galfromtherock

• 1 month later...

get clip in extensions! they're much cheaper than getting them permanently put in in a salon (you can get good ones online from $100-150 for a whole set) and they're great b/c you can clip them in for the night and take them out. I have a couple sets that I blend and wear out to the clubs on weekends. They take about 20 minutes to put in (just give yourself a practice round or 2 before your cruise, my first time took almost an hour). If you get them get human hair though, synthetic looks obviously fake and awful. Get remy hair if you can it's much smoother and tangles less. Just don't wear it on deck or in the rain, I made the mistake of wearing a set in the rain and then on the beach. They get scraggly and don't last as long that way. They're great though b/c you don't have to feel hot under a wig but you get to have the super long hair you want.

I love wearing them! I have a couple of ponytails and they are just so much fun to wear!

I say go for it! You really can't tell they are fake unless you have a horrible color match.

I also use the clip-on ponytail as it is much curlier and thicker than my own hair.

It is also a huge plus after spending the day swimming and going to the main seating for dinner.

I was nervous about it looking fake and not matching but found one that was close to my color and I (and my DH) think it looks natural.

I wear them all the time. I bring 2-3 clip-on buns/ponytails with me fior a cute up-do without all the fuss. Bring some bobby pins and you never have to worry about them slipping. For those with really thick, dark, curly hair or African-American hair, especiallyyours dot com is a great resource for purchasing hair pieces :)

Archived