QM2 sighting!

kyjd75

One interesting note: On our recent Summit sailing (3/26-4/5) the Queen Mary 2 was moored directly across from the Summit the day of our boarding. QM2 was an impressive vessel, to say the least. Made the Summit look small! Although I've never been inclined to sail on Cunard, the look of the QM2 might change that sometime in the future.

Summit 2004; Millennium 2002; Splendour of the Seas 2000; Enchantment of the Seas 1998; Soverign of the Seas 1995; Nordic Empress 1991; Song of America 1990; Nordic Prince 1988

Reports here indicated that the QM2 "LIMPED" back into Southampton this week. Papers are full of bad reviews, terrible service, virus outbreak and you name it.People paying up to £25,000 pounds sterling and complaining left right and centre!
So far, the QM2 has been jinxed with bad luck. I have friends due to go on board this week but dont know if it will sail as scheduled due to some kind of propeller problems.

Hi Holly!
I heard the same thing about problems with it.
When we did the western in Jan., the QM2 was at the next pier in Ft. Lauderdale. We were told that she had to pull away and come in again because she was listing quite a bit.
I really don't like the outside looks the of her. She is so big and actually looks quite old. I am sure that is the look they were going for, but all that dark paint looks so drab. I wasn't impressed with her outside look. In my opinion, she is actually ugly. But I understand that she is gorgeous inside.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92
Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93
Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95
Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99
Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01
Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03
Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

Hi Karen
We are being offered QM2 cruises here REALLY cheap now! To be honest, I dont think we will be tempted. I still think it will be difficult to find a "big ship" line which will match the quality of service for overall value. Maybe I am wrong. I will hear how my friends get on.
They cruise several times a year so will give me a good opinion. Pricing is crazy with prices going for as little as £700 to as I say £25,000!! BIG difference! Fair enough, I daresay £700 buys you a low grade inside, but how on earth do they justify £25,000 !!
If only, if only, Celebrity sailed 7 day cruises from UK I would be in heaven! I am taking a P and O cruise at the end of May, and I am SOOOOOOOOO sad its not Celebrity. RCCL are now doing cruises out of southampton so will mayeb give them a try in future when we can only take a short break. Meanwhile...I will keep counting down the days till I get back on Millie! Karen, are you sailing the transatlantic again this year?

Holly -
The transatlantic is out for this year - our youngest daughter is getting married in October and with the expenses of the wedding plus the time involved in planning we just can't swing it. We do plan on 2005 and are hopeful that we can do the back-to-back with the Med cruise before. Since the European cruises are so port intensive, we figure the best way to come home totally rested is to back it with a transatlantic. Just waiting to see prices and itineraries and hoping the dollar rises a little.
Our 2005 trans cruise should be even better than the last - hubby is walking much better since his hip replacement 7 weeks ago. He should be able to close down the dance floors once again.
I would love the cruise before the transatlantic to be a UK to Barcelona. That would give me the chance to see all the things I have wanted to see. The Med would be my second choice as a pre-transatlantic cruise.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92
Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93
Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95
Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99
Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01
Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03
Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

Archived