Carnival's Behind the Fun Tour

Abram797

We will be boarding the Destiny on Saturday ...for a 5 day cruise....to Jamaica & Grand Cayman (fingers crossed, the propulsion problem is fixed) Do they advertise this tour? Could we call our PVP and book it now before we board..or is it first come first served. I will be so disappointed if we can't get it. I will be going straight to the excursion desk... with my luggage and all!

Go right to the excursion desk. No prebooking. We did it on the Destiny and loved it.

We're on the CONQUEST this Sunday... I won't take to tour again, this cruise, but will in the future. DD is thinking she would like it -- but Mom is in a wheelchair and she couldn't go everywhere... No elevator to the bow... or behind the stage to the dressing rooms, most everywhere else would be totally accesible -- so there really aren't too many stairs!!

If you are thinking of it... SIGN UP THE MOMENT YOU BOARD and the Excursion Desk is open!!!

• 3 weeks later...
There must be one in every crowd. Hubby said on his tour there was one in the group that kept asking off the wall questions trying to stump the personel for answers.

We did the tour last Saturday on the Conquest. We had a lady that kept asking about credentials. She asked the stage hand, What credentials do you have to work the lights? She asked the dancer (the cruise director's wife), what credentials do you need to be a dancer? She asked the crew chef, What credentials do you need to be the crew chef? She asked the Engineer, What credentials? Blah Blah Blah, We all got so tired of her same question over and over again. She even asked the Captain where he went to school to learn to drive the "boat". UGGHHH!!

If anyone is interested, the pages they gave us for the bridge tour are on page 7.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/576663017zLecrm

I tried to post each page individually, but can't. Sorry.

Edited by robtx100

• 9 years later...

I did the tour on Thursday 2/28/19 aboard the Inspiration. $55 for the tour. Lasted 2 1/2 hours, leaving the piano bar at 9:30 and returning there at noon. You fill out a medical statement, advising that you do not have any illness (since you are going into the galley and food storage areas). They will require you to wash your hands in the galley sink when you enter the galley and you will be provided with a hat (you can wear your own hat, but hair my be covered). 

Highlights include the galley, where I was given a sample of  a chocolate covered strawberry, the food storeroom down below (two butcher shops, storage for beer, wine and soda, place to cut/slice/prep fruit veggies), the ship laundry (the sheet dryer, presser and folding machine called a mangler is super cool), the engine room, the bridge (you get a group photo with the captain and you have the best view). Also went backstage of the theater. Saw dolphins from the bridge. Chef sent more chocolate strawberries to the cabin. 

I highly recommend it. Bridge is my favorite part. Fascinating watching how they man the ship, even in the open ocean. They are listening for radio traffic and the watchman is looking out ahead on the ocean. Yes, ship virtually runs on autopilot, but it still takes a crew of the captain, asst captains, officers, and engineers to make sure the floating hotel is running safely.