Nickelodeon Partners with NCL!!!!!!

crusinmama06

I don't know what this means for Royal Caribbean but here is the news release about Nick and NCL...

Nickelodeon and Norwegian Cruise Line Partner to Deliver the Ultimate Family Experience with Nickelodeon at Sea Exclusively on Norwegian Cruise Line

Nickelodeon Will Be the Featured Family Brand on Norwegian Jewel and Norwegian Epic; Norwegian to Offer Annual Nickelodeon Specialty Cruise

January 13, 2010 06:23 PM Eastern Time

NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--Norwegian Cruise Line today announced a new partnership with Nickelodeon in which select Norwegian ships will feature Nickelodeon-themed family entertainment and programming all year long. Beginning in April on Norwegian Jewel and this summer on Norwegian Epic, Nickelodeonand Norwegian experiences for the entire family will include: character meet and greets; interactive game shows; and more. The three-year partnership also includes select specialty Nickelodeon-themed cruises each year, featuring Nickelodeon TV stars, show premieres and continuous themed-entertainment on the ship.

“At a time when families are seeking special travel experiences, we see an opportunity to build on the success of our previous Nickelodeon cruises to create a unique family cruise vacation experience with Norwegian Cruise Line”

“Nickelodeon is an incredible family brand that is well-known to kids and parents of all ages,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian’s chief executive officer. “Combining its worldwide appeal with our signature Freestyle Cruising will create the ultimate experience at sea for families. For any family considering a cruise vacation, there is no better value and experience than Nickelodeon at Sea on Norwegian Cruise Line.”

"At a time when families are seeking special travel experiences, we see an opportunity to build on the success of our previous Nickelodeon cruises to create a unique family cruise vacation experience with Norwegian Cruise Line," said Howard Smith, executive vice president, Nickelodeon Recreation. "By partnering with Norwegian, we are now able to offer families Nickelodeon entertainment and programming at sea all year long."

Nickelodeon at Seawill launch on Norwegian Jewel when the ship begins sailing from New York in late April, and on Norwegian’s latest addition to its fleet--Norwegian Epic--when she launches in July. Each cruise will feature live Nickelodeon-themed interactive shows, including: SlimeTime LIVE! with Nick’s signature slime; Nick Live! Poolside entertainment; character breakfasts and meet and greets; Nick-themed dance parties; and more. Nickelodeon-themed elements will also be incorporated into Norwegian’s Kids’ Crew program.

In addition to the year-round programming on Norwegian Jewel and Norwegian Epic, special Nickelodeon-themed cruises will be offered annually where families can immerse themselves in everything Nickelodeon all day, every day. These unique cruises will include: special appearances by the Network’s live talent; show premieres; more live game shows; even more opportunities to visit with kids’ favorite Nick characters; and much more. The first of the Nickelodeon-themed specialty cruises is scheduled on Norwegian Jewel later this year. More details and an on sale date will be released soon.

To book a cruise on Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Epic or any of Norwegian’s ships, go to www.ncl.com, call 800-327-7030 or contact a travel professional.

About Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon, now in its 30th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in almost 100 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 15 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit

http://www.nickpress.com.

Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).

About Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 43-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which has revolutionized the industry by allowing guests more freedom and flexibility.

Today, Norwegian has the youngest fleet in the industry with 10 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed cruise vacation on the newest, most contemporary ships at sea.

Norwegian is presently building Norwegian Epic, the company’s largest and most innovative Freestyle Cruising ship to date, for delivery in summer 2010. Norwegian Cruise Line is the official cruise line of Blue Man Group, debuting for the first time at sea on Norwegian Epic.

wow..I can't believe it....We went the first year on freedom and paid an arm and a leg..Then last year they had two ships and they kept having sales.Would of went but was having a baby. Hopefully it will be cheaper cuz the kids want to go again. thanks for the info.

I just booked yesterday on a sailing on the Jewel for August. I'm wondering how these activities will work out. I'd also like to know which sailings will be the "special" nick-themed ones. I was speaking to an agent with NCL yesterday and he said they didn't know the dates yet. I know my son, who's a huge Nickelodeon lover, will be happy with any of the nick activities, but it would love to be one of the "special" cruises.

While I was trying to decide whether to book the Jewel or the Epic (went with the Jewel since we live in NY and won't need the airfare) I made reservations for both and put holds on them. I had 3 separate agents from NCL contact me, by both phone and e-mail, to goad me into booking and to specifically book with them so they could get the credit for it, although they did seem to really be pushing the Epic. I was really put off this, especially when one of the agents called back a second time past 9:00pm when my son was already asleep.

I just read this ...but it says no more with rccl. Plus it say that it will be a themed cruise for ncl jewel starting april. Ncl epic starting in july. I think that it will be on all sailings. They said their offering this free of charge, but they will be charging for character breakfast. I read this on a news article...sooo don't quote me. They also said they will be adding special stuff later.

The only problem with the nick cruise I went on was that they had character meet and greet at the same times as shows from rccl.And you had to wait for hours....so we didn't get to any rccl stuff. So hopefully ncl will have it worked out better.

I just read this ...but it says no more with rccl. Plus it say that it will be a themed cruise for ncl jewel starting april. Ncl epic starting in july. I think that it will be on all sailings. They said their offering this free of charge, but they will be charging for character breakfast. I read this on a news article...sooo don't quote me. They also said they will be adding special stuff later.

The only problem with the nick cruise I went on was that they had character meet and greet at the same times as shows from rccl.And you had to wait for hours....so we didn't get to any rccl stuff. So hopefully ncl will have it worked out better.

When I spoke to the NCL agent yesterday he said that there would be Nick activities like the character meet and greets and breakfast, games, slimings, etc., on the both cruises starting with the dates you mentioned, but that there would also be some specific cruises that would be more like the RCCL cruise was, with guests from Nickelodeon shows and other more intensvie Nick activities. They just didn't have dates yet. I know my son will be happy with any Nick activities, but it would be fun to be on of the "special" cruises, although I'm sure it would be alot more expense.

WOW... guess they decided they didn't love chartering with RCCL! Our Nick Cruise on the Mariner was great last year. Sounds like they will have Nick stuff within their kids program on select ships and then will also have full on "Nickelodeon" cruises (like previously offered on rccl) once or twice per year.

Hmmm... my boys were begging to go back on a Nick cruise. Not sure I am into Norwegian... though I have never tried them.

So it's special sailings on Jewel? Or every sailing on Jewel? I can't figure it out from their release.

I think every sailing on the Jewel is supposed to have some Nick activities, but there will be some sailings during the year that have extra Nick stuff, more like the RCCL cruises.

Well ...for me I don't know how ncl will do it but when they had the special guest( i carly or the guy who does spongebobs voice there) you had to wait in line for hours...I felt like thats what I did all week. Wait!!!! It was fun.

I 've been on ncl once for only one nighter..it was ok. But I have five people in my group and with ncl I have to get 2 rooms or a huge suite. I like rccl cuz we can all go in one room.(my kids a little).But I thinking about the jewel out of nyc... it's cheap in may.(were from nj) if they'll have nick.

Well ...for me I don't know how ncl will do it but when they had the special guest( i carly or the guy who does spongebobs voice there) you had to wait in line for hours...I felt like thats what I did all week. Wait!!!! It was fun.

I 've been on ncl once for only one nighter..it was ok. But I have five people in my group and with ncl I have to get 2 rooms or a huge suite. I like rccl cuz we can all go in one room.(my kids a little).But I thinking about the jewel out of nyc... it's cheap in may.(were from nj) if they'll have nick.

That's why I decided to go with the Jewel, we live in NYC, it just seemed like a good opportunity. I've only ever taken my son on Disney cruises, so this will be a change, but he's a Nick nut so I'm sure he'll love it. This is my first time on NCL, I was hoping to be back on RCCL again, but hopefully this will be fm for both adults and kids.

I was so excited to read this today!!! I am booked on the Epic for Feb 2011 with my 4 kids. My two little nephews are going as well. So this is an extra bonus for us. We wanted to do a Disney cruise, but could not justify the extra price. This is even better because we are disney nuts and go every year.

It will be nice to see some Nick characters. I cannot wait to see how this all comes about.

We have sailed many times on several different cruise lines including Disney, HAL, RCCL, Oceania, Princess, Carnival, Cunard, etc. We love to cruise and have never had a "bad cruise" at all. We have never sailed on NCL before but the kids wanted to do the Nick cruise this year. I also assumed it would be on RCCL. When I saw this announcement of a deal with NCL and Nick, I immediately booked a cruise on Epic for July 24th. My kids, aged 8 and 6 love Nickolodean! And the new Epic looks amazing! I have heard negative things about NCL but am really looking forward to this cruise. Any opinions on NCL and what do you think of Epic and how the Nick thing will work?

I have no idea how this will work, but for the first time, I am considering going back over to NCL. So this one may be a real winning marketing idea for them.

This is a great idea for us because 1) no flying for us on the North East Coast, 2) Year round gives us more options than just one special cruise 3) My kids love Nick more than Disney at this point :D

I have no idea how this will work, but for the first time, I am considering going back over to NCL. So this one may be a real winning marketing idea for them.

This is a great idea for us because 1) no flying for us on the North East Coast, 2) Year round gives us more options than just one special cruise 3) My kids love Nick more than Disney at this point :D

They all get there eventually... Teletubbies, Barney, Disney, Nick... it's a progression. ha ha ha Mine is back to Disney now - but the 'older Disney', like 'Sunny with a Chance' and 'Wizards of Waverly Place'.

If you're not doing anything December 18 - 25, I'll bet there's still room on the Epic! :) I'm pretty excited about this news, since we're already booked on one of the two ships that will have the Nick activities. The kid's area on the Epic is HUGE, too, so I'll bet there will be even more related activities than on the Jewel. They may even have a designated theatre for the shows.

All I can say is this prompted me to book the EPIC in July over the RCCL Oasis. Price is cheaper, my then 2 year old is covered by the kids program free of charge. The Nick characters and events are a bonus. RCCL is really screwing up by not covering the under 3 age group. The whole fiasco of Oasis under 3 yrs old being charged extra and only allowed 15 hours is a joke. Once my little one turns 2 in May my business goes to NCL for the next year.

NCL sent out lunch invites to see some of their ships (Lunch and Learn program) and I was able to get one for Jewel out of NYC on May 8th so I am going to try to see if I can get info out of them about the Nick stuff too! :D:D:D

WOOOHOOO!!!!!

I am beyond excited!!!!!

So I will be taking lots and lots of pictures and will be posting them here that night. But we have 5 months to wait. :eek: lol

The only thing, now my 9 year old is mad at me. ;)

NCL sent out lunch invites to see some of their ships (Lunch and Learn program) and I was able to get one for Jewel out of NYC on May 8th so I am going to try to see if I can get info out of them about the Nick stuff too! :D:D:D

WOOOHOOO!!!!!

I am beyond excited!!!!!

So I will be taking lots and lots of pictures and will be posting them here that night. But we have 5 months to wait. :eek: lol

The only thing, now my 9 year old is mad at me. ;)

I am so jealous!!!!! That is so cool. I'll be waiting to see the pics and hear all the details.

We booked the Jewel for the sailing of May 1st to Florida & Bahamas before the annonced the Nick program, this was a special cruise for our 10 y.o twins girls and when we told them they were beyond excited:D

Can't wait to see what this new theme will offer the kids:)

We booked the Jewel for the sailing of May 1st to Florida & Bahamas before the annonced the Nick program, this was a special cruise for our 10 y.o twins girls and when we told them they were beyond excited:D

Can't wait to see what this new theme will offer the kids:)

You'll be getting off the ship the day I'll be getting on for lunch! :D Keep her clean for me, ok? :D:D:D

Wave!

Just booked the Jewel for July 24th. 2 adults, 1 10=year old and 1 infant who will be 10 months when it's time to cruise.

The 10 year old can't wait. He's so excited about it but says it will be even better if they had the stars from I-Carly.

Has anyone heard when the special cruises will be when guests from nick shows will be on a cruise?

Archived