Flying into FLL cruising from POM

carolinesmom

I've been frantically looking for airfare that is affordable for our 3/29/10 spring break cruise. I still haven't booked anything, but I"m leaning towards booking JetBlue from JFK. We would have to fly into FLL since they don't fly into Miami. We are a family of 6, so we need a suite hotel. We love Embassy Suites, so I booked the one in Ft Lauderdale. The question is what is the best way to get from the hotel to POM the next morning and then return to FLL for our return flight. I suspect renting a car might be the cheapest alternative, but we don't want to deal with driving. Does anyone know what a cab would cost that would accomodate six passengers and luggage or a car service? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Many on these boards suggest SAS for shuttle va service (www.ridesas.com); the usual rate is $15 per person each way, but groups your size may get a discount. I doubt 6 of you plus bags will fit into even a mini-van cab; the cab fare from FLL to POM is $75+, so $150+ if you need two cabs. You may want to explore limo services on-line to compare their rates - with 6 it could be worth a few extra dollars to ride in style. Good luck!:)

Archived