Newbie food questions

heyabbott

1st cruise 3/20 Westerdam

Coke or Pepsi?

Beer Brands?

Top Shelf liquor?

Ice Cream manufacturer?

Do you tell your Main Dining Room table mates your plans in advance when your going to Lido for buffet dinner and Pinacle?

Breakfast? most often eating where? and is room service the prefered breakfast location?

Thanks in advance

heyabbott - i can say that we have had breakfast in our room (ordered the night before) and in the lido and liked both experiences. We have also had lunch in the diningroom and in the lido and were happy. Eating a meal on your verandah is great fun and it's nice to be able to have a coffee and croissant before leaving the cabin!

Can't help you with your other questions though - we sat at a table for two (we were our own tablemates!!) and I didn't notice brands at all.

1. Coca-cola Co products on all HAL ships.

2. HAL carries almost all popular beer brands & top shelf liquors of all kinds.

3. Ice cream brand unknown, but very good complimentary ice cream sundae bar. Also has soft ice cream or could be yogurt machine.

4. It would be a nice to let your table mates when you will not be having dinner there on any particular night. Waiter would then be informed & orders taken more promptly.

5. A matter or personal choice where you want to have breakfast. I prefer the Lido, the DR for breakfast is a pain, and have had food room service only once in over 10 years... As they say, to each his/her own....

Happy cruising...

Coke.

On the cruises we have been on Breyers was the ice cream at the Lido ice cream bar.

We have eaten one time in the dining room for breakfast and didn't like it at all. They seat you with other people and let's say morning is not always my best time of day for conversation with strangers. We much prefer coffee and a danish on the verandah from the Neptune Lounge (or room service if not in a suite) when we first get up and then later we go to the Lido buffet and eat outside by the pool. Lunch we always eat in the Lido or in port.

It is nice to inform your steward or tablemates if you are eating dinner elsewhere than the dining room.

Coke products. (Classic, diet, caffeine free, diet/caffeine free, Sprite, etc.)

I don't drink beer, but my husband drank Budweiser and he was satisfied.

Liquor brands---can't help there.

It's considered polite to notify your tablemates or table steward if you won't be joining them for dinner. That way they won't wait to order thinking you'll be along presently. And they won't worry that something may be wrong.

Preferred breakfast location is up to you---and may vary from day to day. Early shore excursion? Lido might be best.

Up early, but no plans? You might enjoy the dining room.

Disembarkation day? I love room service on the last day.

Have a balcony and the weather is nice? Oh, yeah. Room Service.

Archived