Jalouise, Anse Cochon or Anse Chastanet?

vegasbean

I've already emailed Spencer Ambrose for a price on his west cost package but just in case he isn't available...

we are looking for a beach which has great snorkeling, calm waters and some shade as our first priority- which beach has it all? We are also looking for a St. John-Trunk Bay/St. Thomas Megan's Bay type of beach :)

thanks for your help!

I've already emailed Spencer Ambrose for a price on his west cost package but just in case he isn't available...

we are looking for a beach which has great snorkeling, calm waters and some shade as our first priority- which beach has it all? We are also looking for a St. John-Trunk Bay/St. Thomas Megan's Bay type of beach :)

thanks for your help!

Vegasbean - Just stumbled upon your posting... For excellent snorkeling go to Trunk Bay in St. John - best of snorkeling excursions; take the ships excursion as it is a bit of a distance and both a ferry and van ride to beach. They also have changing facilities, showers, food and restrooms and provide snorkeling equipment.

Megans Bay is a beautiful beach (go in a group van) but little to no snorkeling and really no coral reefs. In St. Thomas a "locals" beach is Coki beach -- great snorkeling off the beach; huge yellow tail snappers and you can feed them with the milk bone dog biscuits sold by locals and a resident Barracuda (don't feed):). Recently I read beach was a little dirty, so please read current reviews for update. We did have a lovely day when we last went a couple of years ago.

Good Luck...

You will love Jalouise Beach almost more than Trunk Bay. Yes, I know it's hard to believe! It is that wonderful. You will also love Spencer. He is a wonderful person as well as a great guide. Have fun! Tell him the Fords from Louisiana will see him in June:)

PS We would love to find a great beach on St. Maarten or St. Kitts any suggestions?

Archived