Why the Zuiderdam negative reviews?

saygrace

I have also confirmed that they will be doing a dry dock at the end of March for 8 days. The rep I was speaking with said that the shortest dry dock is 7 days and the longest is 30 days. I don't know if that means they are not going to be doing very much to the ship, but at least it will be something!

I talked to HAL about this also, and was told that the drydock would not include interior refurbishing.

I am so glad to read some positive comments for a change. I've been on the Maasdam and the Noordam. This is our first time on the Zuiderdam (we leave in three weeks). I think if you look for bad things, you'll find them. You have to look for the good things ... and I can't think of anything on a cruiseship that could be bad. If there is a rip in the lounge chair, find another. I am so looking forward to getting out of this cold and snow. I don't care if the springs are popping out of the bed!!

You have the right attitude!! I'm looking forward to our March 13 departure -- when is yours?

Sandy

I was on the Ciderdaam with MPowered. I had a fantastic time. The aging did not affect our enjoyment, BUT it was obvious in many places... verandah rail very rough - needing varnish, dead plant, worn deck furniture (broken weaving), worn desk furniture, missing letters off signs around the ship.....

I too will post my mostly positive review this weekend.

Hi, VermeulT. Looking forward to your Ciderdam review. :)

Mpowered

We have cruised the Zuiderdam 4 times and we love this ship. The last cruise was a little disappointing, AC in our cabin was broke down for two days, we missed a port do to a dock strike in Costa Rico, and the service in the mdr was not as good as previous cruises, but we still had a great time. I would not hesitate to book with them again some time in the future.:)

The Zuiderdam is not that old a ship. She came on line in early 2003. The Statendam came on line in late 1992, the Maasdam in 1993, the Ryndam in 1994, the Veendam in 1996, the Rotterdam in 1997, the Volendam in 1999 the Zaandam and the Amsterdam in 2000. We picked up the Princendam around the time the Westerdam II went over to Costa.

I think the OOSTERDAM came on line in 2004, the Westerdam in 2005 and the Noordam in 2006 or 2007. The Eurodam came on line in 2008.

Archived