Do they lock the gates at the port of galveston?

Namifamilycruise

Hi

I was just wondering if 3pm was the cut off for getting on the ship. Does anyone know? We've filled out our fun pass already. We fly in on Sun 3/28 @ noon to IAH. I've heard that it is a 1 1/2 hour drive. We are hoping to be there by 2:30. Any info would be great.

You have to check in 90 minutes before your cruise per Carnival ... they dont lock the gates, but they may not allow you to check in if you are later. Some say 60 minutes is the deadline for the manifest, so thats why they want you checked in 90 minutes before the ship leaves. 60 minutes before, they wouldnt let you board, they turned in the sailing manifest.

Wow, why are you cutting it so close??

You are really taking a chance by coming into Galveston so late on the sailing date. You're also missing a "day" of your cruise. You can board around 11 AM, have lunch and enjoy sailaway if you get to Galveston earlier. Also, are you booked with Carnival bus transfers or are you on your own? Carnival will get you to the port, but I wouldn't count on anyone else.

You'd be so much better off if you came in a day early if it's at all possible! I know that it's not possible for everyone :(, but please make an effort :).

I'd hate to see you loose your cruise (and your $$$$ :eek:).

• 1 month later...

That is cutting it very, very close and there's no way I'd schedule it that close. I have seen people running to board the ship up to 30 minutes prior to sailing, but it's not going to be me doing that! I thought you had to be onboard before that, but I've seen that happen a couple of times.

Archived