A couple of POA questions

ukbballfan

O.K. more than a couple... Whats the earliest you can check baggage at the pier on the day of your cruise? Do you have to be part of the NCL pre-stay program to check your luggage at the NCL service desk at the Waikiki Marriot? Has anyone done the horseback riding on Maui at Mendes Ranch? Also, does the POA have irons in the room? Any info is greatly appreciated.

We stayed at the Marriott Waikiki prior to our cruise on the POA on 1/9/05. We went to preregister at the NCL desk at 10:30AM on Sunday and we were told the preregistration closed at 10AM. We arrived at the pier at 3:00PM and we were in our room by 3:25PM. I was told the earliest you can check in is 1PM.

Pier check-in starts at 1:00 PM

No iron in room

Don't know about Marriot check in or horseback riding at Mendes.

We did the downhill bike- highly recommend it.

The zipline is not to be missed either, great adventure and scenary

Check in at 1:00. We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and used NCL shuttle from that hotel. Put the luggage on the bus and they took the bags to the ship. We had all our luggage in our room by 3PM.

Check in went well and was the fastest check-in we've have had.

Returning, we took a taxi. We left our cabin, got our luggage and was at the Hilton in 30 minutes total when returning. Cost less also.... $12 cab ride.

We had a wonderful time... just returned.

I checked in at the NCLA Marriot desk and it was painless, although I don't know if it saved me all that much time at checkin. Regarding luggage, however. There is no place at the Marriot to checkin your bags. NCLA actually picks them up from your rooms the morning of the cruise. Thus, they do not have a checkin facility except for at the port.

Archived