Zip line at Mahogany Cruise Ctr?

wyo5250

I have heard that there is a zip line right in the new Mahogany Cruise Center. Is this true? If so, has anyone done it, how was it, and how much was it?

We were there last week and it is true. It is right inside the new MB Cruise Center but Carnival does nothing to advertise it, not so much as a sign pointing you in the right direction. It is right there by the taxi area but you could easily not see it. Its called Clip and Zip and is $40. We heard from several others who did it that it was excellent. They take you up to the top by jeep and you zip down. I think they said 13 lines. People told us it was very exciting and the views were wonderful. Wish we had discovered it while we still had enough time to do it. We were told it would take an hour. If I had it to do over again, I would go right there in the morning and then do the beach afterwards.

Carnival does nothing to advertise it' date=' not so much as a sign pointing you in the right direction. [/quote'] This is SPECIFICALLY because Clip n Zip is not in Carnival's pocket. The property it uses is outside of the parcel that Carnival leased for 30 years. Consequently Carnival is not reaping any revenue...so it doesn't promote it.
It is right there by the taxi area but you could easily not see it.
It is hard to miss now. A huge sign alerts you to it's location!
Its called Clip and Zip and is $40. We heard from several others who did it that it was excellent.
It was my first zip line adventure...I thought it was wonderful and priced right. OTOH I have nothing to compare it to...:D
They take you up to the top by jeep and you zip down. I think they said 13 lines. People told us it was very exciting and the views were wonderful.

My DH & I did this one a couple of weeks ago of the Dream. We didn't have anything planned for the day--were just going to wing it. Well, it was a rainy-ish overcast day so we spent most of the day on board, but we did see the ziplining so though we'd give it a try. It was $40, 45 min, 11 lines. Longest line 900-1000 ft. And it's just right there in the Mahogany port (or apparently it's technically "outside" the port area, but it appears to be part of it) so it's easty to find. We did not have a reservation. The guides were great! We were taken to the top by riding in the bed of a pickup truck. And since it had been raining, it was very muddy. Which meant the truck bed was muddy. I managed to find a spot in the middle & I didn't get mud on my pants. I think driving up the muddy hillside was scarier than the ziplining! :)

We had helmets, gloves, & the usual harnesses. My DH wore cargo shorts so he kept my camera in one of his pockets.

It was really fun. But, we don't have anything to compare it to. But really, is zipping over one canopy really any different than zipping over another? If you are not interested in venturing away from the ship or Mahogany Bay, then I'd recommend doing the Clip & Zip.

For the people who have tried Clip N Zip before - do you think we'd have time for a snorkel trip afterwards? I have always wanted to go ziplining but we haven't been able to find a day to fit in a snorkel trip on our cruise yet (NCL Jewel, Feb 28). We were originally looking at the Victor Bodden trip but that seems farther and like it would be a longer commitment. Ideas?

Can anyone compare ClipNZip to other canopy tours - even on other islands? I've read this one is much tamer & not nearly as high as some. I think the website says 65ft.

We've done the one in Antigua before but I was looking for a smaller, easier one for a 13 year old.

Did clip and zip today while in Roatan,I had never zip lined befor and was scared to death,my husband any myself were the first two people to zip.It was great,fun,when it was over I wished there was more lines to go on.The guides are great,nice,friendly,I will post a longer review and pictures one I am home and have umlimited internet access again

Archived