Thomson Destiny, Valentines Day 2010 - Anyone going??

SLODGE - Thats fine with me. From what carol was stating though no need for payment until we get there on shore excursions? just to confirm then that I need the following:

2 adults @ $52 = $104.

3 teens @ $30 = $ 90.

Total cost = $194.

Maybe check on where to post the link securely on here?

Cheers for your help on this Slodge.

Carol - Thanks for your input. Who did you book the dolphin discovery with?

Thank you Carol.

Thats £102 for me.

Booze Carol used the same company I referred you too. Just select google Dolphin Discovery and select Tortola (I dont know how to insert a url, this site is not allowing me too)

I'm goint to take a look at the St Kitts excursion link you sent Carol, ta!

i will contact Antours when i get home to see if they will allow us to pay cash on the day.

How will we recognise each other - apart from the dreadlocks - do either of you know what cabin you are in yet

Have you booked Early or Late dinner sitting

Im the single black female with two boys who are as different as day and night! One is tall, dark and skinny, and my baby is short, plump and light skinned, bless him, he takes after his mummy, lololol!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

We are early sitting, I think Im going to book a cabin tomorrow, but we are outside cabin! Which cabin/s are you Slodge/Boozer??

Im the single black female with two boys who are as different as day and night! One is tall, dark and skinny, and my baby is short, plump and light skinned, bless him, he takes after his mummy, lololol!! :eek::eek::eek:

We are early sitting, I think Im going to book a cabin tomorrow, but we are outside cabin! Which cabin/s are you Slodge/Boozer??

If you are thinking of booking a cabin, don't delay - I think you aren't allowed to do it later than 16/17? days before departure. I think that's getting close for you now. Enjoy your trip! :)

i will contact Antours when i get home to see if they will allow us to pay cash on the day.

How will we recognise each other - apart from the dreadlocks - do either of you know what cabin you are in yet

Have you booked Early or Late dinner sitting

Not sure what sitting we have booked, but you can change this when you get there. We normally go for early, but now the kids are older we might try the later one the first week & see how it goes. You join us then so we may have reverted back to early?

Well done Slodge!! I have just had a chat with Dolphin Discovery & they do not charge to watch & the 15% discount finishes in 2-3 days. I have also enquired about group booking discount & no joy. So if you or Masterpoo are thinking about booking through them, be quick or you will lose out on the discount. We have not made our mind up on this yet. I can tell you they still have 11.00 am slot on 20.02.10 but not on 13.02.10 when we visit tortola for the first time, so this slot may go quickly?

Thank you Slodge.

Thank you Booze.

Thank you Kruzeseeka.

I will book Dolphin and book cabin tomorrow!

Now Im just trying to find beaches which have jet ski's etc. I thought I'd found some but I cant find my list, grrrrrrr

SLODGE - Sorry to be a pain but the remaining two from our party would like to book another tour from the same operator. I was wondering if you could possibly tag this on to your "order". The details are below. It would be for 2 adults. It would be even better if the discount applied to this as well :)

Option 3

Visit Morne Bruce View Point overlooking the Capital

Discovery walk in the Botanical Gardens to view the National Bird

Visit Trafalgar Twin Waterfalls.

Check-in at Papilotte Wilderness Retreat for Hot Sulphur Bath.

Return to your ship.

Duration 3.5 hrs

Price: Adult US$40.00

Nice one Masterpoo. Did you book with Dolphin Discovery? Did you pay up front? They told me they do not charge for observers. Did you found this out or are all 3 of you doing it? Are you doing the royal swim? That's we probably will book later on tonight.

Slodge is doing a great job co-ordinating the group trip.

Can anyone help on this query.

Is there anyway the me, splodge & masterpoo can send a secure message on here or get in touch by e-mail without broadcasting the address to everyone on here? The 3 of us are friends of each other on cruise critic. It would be good for all 3 to have confirmation details just in case something goes wrong.

i think that the facility has been disabled. The only way i can think of is to set up a hotmail account - post it on the forum. You and Masterpoo could then email me your details and then i can reply from my real email. Then delete the hotmail. Does this make sense?

Emailed you Slodge!

Booze - I remember reading somewhere on this forum that spectators are not charged, I d.amn well hope not, lolol!!! I booked the Dolphin Swim Adventure, the Royal Swim was working out too expensive (have you looked at the comparison table??) One would think you just pay for the cruise and thats IT????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Masterpoo -I was too exicited sorting out the e-mail thingy to worry about typo's. I can see I'm going to have to spell check everthing now before you get youe eyes on it. LOL.

Sorry slodge.

I don't follow about the royal swim being expensive? I thought the thomson swim was the same as the one you have booked with the royal swim having a few extras?

Below are the details of both. I believe the first one is the one thomson is selling for £90.

Swim adventure program.

Experience the joy of a dolphin kiss, marvel at the dolphin’s strength as you are towed through the water in the ‘belly ride’,

Swim adventure is a group of 12 people interacting with 1 dolphin, the program last 45 minutes including orientation and the time in the water is 30 minutes.

During that time, you will have a chance to touch, to kiss, to hold, to pet and be kissed by the dolphin. Also you will have the belly ride which means you will be taking the dolphins from the fins so the dolphin will give you a ride. You will also be wearing a mask and will be doing a circle in the water with the other participants, so the dolphin will be swimming around. Regular price of this is $99 USD each.

The royal swim program:

The most dynamic of our programs, the Royal Swim allows you experience the magic of swimming with dolphins while you perform exhilarating activities with them.

Our top program is the Royal Swim this is a group of 10 people interacting with 2 dolphins; the program last 45 minutes including orientation, time in the water is 30 minutes. During that time, you will have a chance to touch, to kiss, to hold, to pet and be kissed by the dolphin.

You will have the dorsal tow which means you will be holding both dolphins form the fins on their top so both will give you a ride as well as the foot push, which means that both dolphins will push you from the bottom of your feet. A once in a life experience. Price per person is $139 USD each.

Oh BUMMER!! You make a valid point Booze, I didnt do my maths before I booked and didn't check to see what EXACTLY Thomson's offer is, DANG!! Im PRAYING I can get a refund:eek::eek::eek: Going to make a call, will report back shortly!

Just read in the Thomson Itinerary, the "Dolphin Swim Adventure" is exactly the same as the one I've booked for £104/$99 (excluding the 15% promo) per person/adults and children as opposed to £180 for the same thing via Thomsons!

If you click on "Activities" and scroll down to "Comparative Table" you will see the difference in the 3 packages offered! (I hope that makes sense??)

Just read in the Thomson Itinerary, the "Dolphin Swim Adventure" is exactly the same as the one I've booked for £104/$99 (excluding the 15% promo) per person/adults and children as opposed to £180 for the same thing via Thomsons!

If you click on "Activities" and scroll down to "Comparative Table" you will see the difference in the 3 packages offered! (I hope that makes sense??)

When you say click on "activities" what site are you referring to?

Archived