Windard Ha! Weathering the Dream (Verbose with Beaucoup Snaps)

crewsweeper

Dennis...I think it's called the "relax lounge" on the deck plans. If you have the access card to the spas you can either head past the men's locker room or you can enter through the termal (tile) beds room. We just called it the tea room because you can get hot herb and regular teas there. If the weather is bad it's a great place to relax and watch the ocean. Enjoy your cruise.

Crew

Do you need a Spa pass or a Spa Cabin to be able to use this room?

Awesome review Crew...

By any chance do you recall where they set up the Lanai BBQ ?

I have a Balcony booked on the Starboard side just above the entrance to the Outside Cafe. It's looking more like I'll have a view of "Main St.":cool:

Crewsweeper - do you by chance have the capers and the ability to post them? Trying to figure out which night to do the steakhouse.

w8ing2cruz, I do have the capers, but my scanner doesn't do a good job with the colored stuff. Very hard to read. You might want to search out ottawapuppy's review and find the link to his website. He has the New Year's capers (also Western C) there. We originally were going to go the G.A.S. on Friday night, since the 2nd elegant night is Thursday. But when we switched dining arrangements, we opted to go to the G.A.S. on Monday night after we left Cozumel. DW loves elegant nights in the MDR. They are Sunday and Thursday on the Western C itinerary. Friday in the MDR is the night they served the Grand Mariner souffle, one of the better desserts. So we're glad we didn't miss that.

Awesome review Crew...

By any chance do you recall where they set up the Lanai BBQ ?

I have a Balcony booked on the Starboard side just above the entrance to the Outside Cafe. It's looking more like I'll have a view of "Main St.":cool:

Campdaan...we didn't get around to trying it. The weather was very cold, damp and windy on the first sea day, I don't know if they even set it up. We didn't eat lunch on the ship in port. And on the last sea day, I jsut popped down from the Serenity deck to the Lido deck and grabbed a pizza and some cookies and headed back as I didn't want to wait in any lines and lose the lounge.

It's on my list to do in May though, so maybe you can tell me all about it in your review.

I never made it to the meet & greet because we were on this cruise with a group that required our attention most of the time. ;) That's not a complaint though.

I had read so many of the reviews about the Dream prior to our sailing. This was a surprise for my dh's 60th birthday. I was getting very anxious after reading so much negativity even though I know about "eye of the boholder" and all. I have to say we REALLY REALLY enjoyed the cruise. The ship was beautiful to look at. We were always commenting on the bubbles and marbles etc. We had great service all around as well. The weather was the only downside. With that said, we are not likely to ever cruise in the Summer because it's too hot but I don't think I'll sail January again.

After reading your review, I realize there are so many things we didn't see either. Dh loves to walk the promenade after dinner and although we attempted once, it never happened. The wind was whipping!!! Good for you that you are returning in May. I sure hope you get to enjoy all of the things you missed this time around.

The Carnival Dream is a beautiful ship and we found it easy to navigate. But we weren’t able to get to everything. The weather wasn’t conducive for the water slides or minigolf, althoughboth were open in port and the slides were open on the last day at sea. We didn’t eat at the Mongolian Wok, the deli, or try the Lanai BBQ. I only visited the pasta bar on embarkation day. Just not enough time. Kathryn and Karen did tea on the first sea day. We didn’t hang out in the atrium where they were dancing in the evenings, but the singer there had a pretty voice. We missed all the deck parties, not intentionally. We didn’t go clubbing outside the comedy Club and a brief couple of visits to the Song Lounge as we left a comedy show. Nor did we get to stroll around the entire promenade deck like we tried to a couple of time. We’re not into the trivia games or the various contests. Btu cruisers who complained about nothing to do on the ship surely didn’t get out and look for anything. There was always something going on somewhere.

We can’t wait until May to come back and try all the things we missed and go back to the things we enjoyed as well visit the Eastern Caribbean ports.

I hope you enjoyed reading this review. And if you're Dreaming soon, I hope you have as enjoyable a crusie as we did only with better weather.

Crew

Thank you for helping me relive our time on the Dream. We absolutely loved her and can't wait to sail her again.

Archived