A Bit Worried About the Cabin I picked...

Chowder_17

So, I am booked on the Carnival Legend in a 7A in Cabin 5169. I was looking at the deck plan for the thousandth time and today I just noticed that cabin is a connecting stateroom. Well, it’s just my husband and we don't have the cabin (5167) booked. I am assuming that there is a door that would lead to the other room/balcony. Will it be locked, so there is no way for the other cabin’s people to come it? And can they hear us and can we hear them since there is that extra door?

Also, it looks like there is a beam the intrudes on part of the balcony. How much will that cut off our balcony space?

Thanks for helping me with my concerns!

There should not be any noise issue with the connecting door. They work like ones in hotel rooms and can only be unlocked by the cabin steward. If you are concerned when you check in, have him confirm the door is locked on both sides for you.

Your cabin is an obstructed view cabin; you will be able to see the lifeboats. Here is a picture from 5168 that I found on webshots.

2366642110103317585S600x600Q85.jpg

And how it looks from the outside. I think the man is standing on a balcony on deck 5

1387235121000485065S600x600Q85.jpg

So, I am booked on the Carnival Legend in a 7A in Cabin 5169. I was looking at the deck plan for the thousandth time and today I just noticed that cabin is a connecting stateroom. Well, it’s just my husband and we don't have the cabin (5167) booked. I am assuming that there is a door that would lead to the other room/balcony. Will it be locked, so there is no way for the other cabin’s people to come it? And can they hear us and can we hear them since there is that extra door?

Also, it looks like there is a beam the intrudes on part of the balcony. How much will that cut off our balcony space?

Thanks for helping me with my concerns!

I booked a 7A on the Miracle a couple of years ago and it was fine. As the OP pictures show, you can not see straight down but for the savings in $ I would book it again. Enjoy your honeymoon!

Dave

There should not be any noise issue with the connecting door. They work like ones in hotel rooms and can only be unlocked by the cabin steward. If you are concerned when you check in, have him confirm the door is locked on both sides for you.

Your cabin is an obstructed view cabin; you will be able to see the lifeboats. Here is a picture from 5168 that I found on webshots.

2366642110103317585S600x600Q85.jpg

And how it looks from the outside. I think the man is standing on a balcony on deck 5

1387235121000485065S600x600Q85.jpg

Awesome!!! Actually, that's better than I thought! I didn't know that we were in-between the lifeboats and can look down (5168 is right across, so it the same thing). Sweet! Thanks for the reassurance about the next cabin over.

I have never stayed in a cabin with a connecting door; however, I have read posts from others who have, and they said they could hear their neighbors. I assume that yes, they are like connecting hotel rooms, and I can hear the neighbors more in a connecting hotel room than in a room without a connecting door. If it was me, I would see if there is another same category room available without a connecting door. I am a light sleeper though--if you are a heavy sleeper, it probably won't matter to you.

I've been in connecting-door cabins on Miracle and there was absolutely no sound from the other cabin. That ship has great soundproofing.

OP, do you seriously think that the connecting doors wouldn't be locked and that a stranger could just open the door and walk into your cabin? :rolleyes:

I've been in connecting-door cabins on Miracle and there was absolutely no sound from the other cabin. That ship has great soundproofing.

OP, do you seriously think that the connecting doors wouldn't be locked and that a stranger could just open the door and walk into your cabin? :rolleyes:

No, I figured they would be locked..it was more for emphasis that I DON'T want the door to be automatically opened b/c it was a connecting room. I feel a bit bad booking it b/c maybe there are familes that wanted connecting rooms and I took one w/o needing it. I just realized after looking at the deck plan today..

I hope it is soundproof...

Archived