Roll Call: Aquafest Halloween Cruise October 2010 NCL Dawn

Tim-n-Rick

Hi Tim & Rick - Over on the other board, we're beginning to organize some shore excursions, though NCL still (as usual) has not posted much for most of the ports. Do you guys book all your shore excursions thru Aquafest or do you sometimes join in with the rest of the M&G gang on the other thread for shore excursions. Wouldn't want to drag you away from the Aquafest gang but also wouldn't want to leave you out thinking Aquafest did it all. Tks, Dan & Cheryl P.S. Cheryl's Dad was a WWII vet so they had an honor guard and played taps, a very dignified and moving ceremony. All is well with Cheryl, we'll see how it goes with her Mom. Thanks for your concern.

Do you guys book all your shore excursions thru Aquafest or do you sometimes join in with the rest of the M&G gang on the other thread for shore excursions.

Hey Dan, Aquafest uses Shoretrips to set up excursions just for the group. I think we have at least one for every port except one. I'm looking forward to the Segway trip. I'm not sure we'll do every excursion due to budget.

I'm glad the ceremony for Cheryl's Dad went well. The loss of a parent is never easy.

Thanks again for stopping by the lighter side of the ship! I'll see you over on the straight board.

• 2 weeks later...

Our good friend Dan from awayatsea says that the Soggy Dollar bar on Jost Van Dyke is a sometimes hangout for folks like George Clooney and Mick Jagger. Neither one are my cup of tea but how fun would it be to catch a glimpse of them?

My partner and I wanted to go on this years Aquafest, but sadly had used all 2 weeks vacation before we found out about it. We will be going on next years though.. preferably a Balcony. Anybody have any experience on the balconies on the NCL Spirit.

My partner and I are booking our first cruise with Aquafest for the 2010 Halloween cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Anyone joining us? We have sailed in the past with RSVP and found Cruise Critic to be a great way to get to know other passengers before we sail. Plus we get to share our excitement. Looking forward to meeting you all...

Hi Tim & Rick et. al.

My boyfriend and I are also booking our first cruise with Aquafest on the Halloween cruise... Some replies to your postings were pretty good...

I am wondering if everyone with Aquafest is doing only Aquafest excursions... We are planning on doing the Samana & Tortolla excursions with Aquafest but we aren't sure about the next 3... I am really curious about the beach party in Antigua... Does anyone know if it is supposed to be a big party with our group or is it everyone relaxing on lounge chairs?

Any feedback from fellow or experienced passengers in appreciated...

Thanks

John

Any feedback from fellow or experienced passengers in appreciated...

Hi Greg and John,

Welcome aboard! Rick and I plan on doing our excursions with Aquafest however we might not do them all. We may skip one to do some exploring on our own but are not sure which one.

This is our first trip with Aquafest so I'm not speaking from experience but I'd bet the beach party will be a real party with our group. I'm sure some of the past cruisers will confirm.

We're glad you joined us here and look forward to chatting with you and meeting you on the Dawn.

Hi Greg and John,

Welcome aboard! Rick and I plan on doing our excursions with Aquafest however we might not do them all. We may skip one to do some exploring on our own but are not sure which one.

This is our first trip with Aquafest so I'm not speaking from experience but I'd bet the beach party will be a real party with our group. I'm sure some of the past cruisers will confirm.

We're glad you joined us here and look forward to chatting with you and meeting you on the Dawn.

Thanks for welcome and feedback!! Any additional excursion feedback from experienced cruisers would be appreciated...

So, Greg and I are not normally big partiers... Are costumes or anything requied for any events besides costume party?

We decided to go for balcony since the cruise is so long and the little extra space may be nice... You mentioned upgrading... Did you do it?

Well, thanks again... I look forward to meeting you and fellow Aquafest cruisers... I imagine you may see several more posts and questions from me before the cruise!!

John

You mentioned upgrading... Did you do it?

No, not yet. I'd love to upgrade us but the cost is an issue. We have to kennel the dogs, pay for travel down, shore excursions and then there's the bar tab at the end of the cruise so we may just have to be happy with our ocean view.

I got my time off approved already (unheard of, but it prolly helps that my boss just got off his first cruise with his partner and is now addicted!), so it looks like we may be able to book this shortly...

Sweet! It always helps when the boss is cruise addicted too.

• 3 weeks later...
My partner and I wanted to go on this years Aquafest, but sadly had used all 2 weeks vacation before we found out about it. We will be going on next years though.. preferably a Balcony. Anybody have any experience on the balconies on the NCL Spirit.

We also were looking to go on this years Halloween cruise. We took our first cruise last September with Aquafest to Alaska and had such a great time we can't wait to go on our next Aquafest cruise. We won't be able to make it on this year's cruise, but we already have made our deposit for our aft penthouse suite on next years cruise from New Orleans on the NCL Spirit. If you search on the NCL board there are several posts about balcony cabins on the NCL Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok kids, we have survived IML in Chicago, unfortunately my partner Terry did not win bit I am just as proud of him as a competitor and he is still Mr. Missouri Leather till march!

So, the rest of the summer is hectic but it's time to start concentrating on the cruise and hopefully building friendships here before we even get on the ship.

Some things we are doing this summer......

We volunteer at the circus (www.circusflora.org)

We put together a large presence in our Pride parade as the balloon gods.

We fund raise for the Susan G Kohlman Race for the Cure (breast cancer).

We fund riase for PAWS.

Going to Lady Gaga.

Going to Wicked.

Ok, enough conversation starters there?

:-)

Chad and Terry

Third time for Wicked for us, still brings tears to my eyes (damn, does that make me gay?!?!) and we are seeing Gaga here in Saint louis.

I was just thinking yesterday that it will be nice to relax for a little while after IML and get back a normal life, then it hit me....... the circus starts TOMORROW!

I was just thinking yesterday that it will be nice to relax for a little while after IML and get back a normal life, then it hit me....... the circus starts TOMORROW!

No rest for the "wicked". :D

Haven't logged in a while... Boating in New England is finally really nice!! I am getting so excited for cruise!!

I was wondering if the Antigua beach party is a big group party that everyone is going to participate at? What are fellow Aquafest passengers planning?

https://secure.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=&lcode=&tcode=050927&grpcod=G100113003

In Antigua if me and my bf will be alone on the beach in a coupel chairs, we would rather go on the kayak & snorkel adventure...

We are thinking:

Samana -----------'horseback riding'

Tortola -------------'virgin gorda and baths with lunch'

Antigua ------------'beach party' or 'kayak & snorkel'

Barbados ----------'4x4 safari & shipwreck snorkel' or 'turtel & shipwreck

-----------------------snorkel' or 'caves & monkeys and beaches oh my'.

St. Kitts ------------'Sail & Snorkel Adventure'

What did others decide to do? Any words of wisdom from anyone?

120 days until we set sail!! YEA!!!!

:D:cool::D

I was wondering if the Antigua beach party is a big group party that everyone is going to participate at? What are fellow Aquafest passengers planning?

I wanted to do the Segway tour (because I'm such a geek) but now I see it is the same day as the beach party. I think if most of the group opts for the party then we will also.

Tick...Tock... I'm finally starting to come up with some costume ideas. Anyone else?

Greg & I signed up for 3 aquafest excursions.... The company Aquafest uses could only send vouchers for the gorga baths excursion.... They said there aren't enough people for the horseback riding or beach party... We are signed up and paid for the horseback riding and beach party but WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!!! Spread the word and sign up please...

Hmmm, about costomes.... any tips, suggestions, or recommendations?

Archived