Roll Call: Aquafest Halloween Cruise October 2010 NCL Dawn

Tim-n-Rick

Tom,

Thanks for the comments. We're still seriously considering this. We've done 4 Atlantis and 1 RSVP, but no Aquafest yet. We're not circuit party guys, so never really got 'full value' on the Atlantis cruises. Give me a piano bar any night! There are a few older negative reviews on here for Aquafest, nice to hear you rank them higher than Atlantis and RSVP.

Eric (and Al)

Hey Muthaship and welcome aboard. This is our first trip with Aquafest too so we don't have any experiences to share but some great folks have posted some of their experiences. Hopefully as the cruise sells out we'll have more folks posting past experiences.

We look forward to meeting you on the Dawn!

Have a great day,

Tim and Rick

I thought I'd go ahead and post the shore excursions I found on Shore Trips. I think these must be the ones Aquafest has planned for us because the are labeled "Aquafest - Dawn" and are for 10/22/10.

I don't want to ask anyone at Aquafest if they are ours yet because I'm sure they will send out an announcement. I am not going to book yet and suggest you do the same until they make the announcement. You can view them by clicking here. Let me know what you think. I've got my eye on the Segway. I've always wanted to ride one.

From time to time I check in over at Meet Me Onboard which is a site for gay and lesbian cruisers to see who else is on their cruise. They have a listing of the most popular cruises and we are listed at number 2. The number 1 goes to the upcoming Atlantis Solstice. What does this mean? Well, so far we have 6 members listed on our cruise and the Atlantis event has 10. LOL! I suppose I got used to the annual RSVP Caribbean sailing board where the posts go up into the thousands. That number includes me and Darrell and our mates.

I keep trying to lure them over here to chat with us but so far no luck.

Rick keeps telling me it's only February and I should have a little patience. Patience, what's that?:confused:

Just noticed that Garibbean (leaving from Galveston) and the Divas / Pride Cruise (leaving from Ft. Lauderdale) will be sailing the Caribbean at the same time we are. We don't have any ports in common but how cool would it be to pass one or both ships? I can just see a bunch of gays and lesbians waving between cruise ships!

I'm off on the Carnival Fantasy with Mom, Dad, Sister and brother in law for the next week. I'll say welcome in advance to anyone new who joins us and I'll see you in a week to everyone who's posted previously.

My partner Rick may check in from time to time while I'm away just to add his thoughts.

Have a wonderful week everyone and think sunshine!

Hi Everyone

Scott and Mike here from Maryland. This will be our 5th Aquafest Event and I can tell you first timers, you will have a blast. I have enjoyed every one we have been on. All the private Aquafest events on board have always been fantastic. Tom Baker, the owner, supports the LGBT community all year long. He has been a pleasure to travel with on all the events. All the Aquafest staff have always friendly and fun to be around. The Halloween Cruise is their biggest event every year. There has always been over 300 people in our group. The costume party is something to see!!!! If you all have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. My email is rscottgunn@yahoo.com. I look forwartd to meeting all of you in a few months.

Scott

I have done 5 Atlantis and 1 RSVP and 2 Aquafest. By far, the Aquafest, IMHO is the best way to go. Aquafest does an amazing job. Also, at this time of year there are few children on cruises. Most are running through their neighborhoods looking for candy and doing halloween parties. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how nice of a job Aquafest does.

Tom

This is our sixth year with Aquafest because they are the BEST!!!! Can't wait for vacation.

I don't want to bump to keep this thread active so I'll just mention that we are in cabin 5056 so far... I have contacted Kathy at Aquafest to see if all the 6 upgrades were applied to our reservation. I'm hoping this cruise sells out for Aquafest. The more the merrier! :D

It sells out every year, don't worry about that. LOL

I'm so excited! I go away for a week and we've gained some more passengers!

Welcome to . . .

Rob and Steve

Scott and Mike

Glenn and Shane

I'm glad you've joined us here so I can flood you with questions! Kidding (a little).

Glenn has a great group started on Facebook if you havent already found it just look for Aquafest Friends and Family. He discovered our Colt Model for the cruise and what eye candy he is!

We look forward to meeting you all onboard and talking with you until then.

Have a great weekend,

Hi Everyone

Keep the questions coming

Yes I have seen many doors decorated on our past Halloween Cruises. I never remember to bring anything to do ours.

You will get plenty of notice for the theme nights. I would say within a month or so we will have a lot more details. The Halloween Party is first class. I wish I had the imagination that some of our group has.

Good Morning, This is your (delusional) captain speaking. Here's another flyer courtesy of Glenn (scorpiorising) who has a great group for us on facebook. You can view and join the Aquafest Friends and Family group by clicking here.

15312_108989449117913_100000205757947_236241_6682263_n.jpg

This will be my 4th cruise, and my second halloween Aquafest Cruise with my partner Terry... we won the costume conest on the first one!

There are so many questions to answer!

Halloween costume party is a BLAST, and other passengers always try to sneak in, cause we have the best party! The costume contest is fantastic, bring cameras, and fire up your imagination for your own costumes. The only problem we have is packing.... But I will go ahead and issue a challenge now, we plan to win again!

Theme parties are most nights, although this is a 9 night cruise so I'm sure there will be some "rest" nights. Costumes are entirely encouraged and themes will be announced eventually.

Door decorations are also encouraged. Show everyone that "the gays" know how to have a good time! We had ours all Halloween'ed up the whole time and it wasn't until about the 4th day that we realized that the little girl in the cabin next to us was on a major candy buzz from us!

It will sell out for sure, and Tom and his staff will have some amazing suprises in store for us all. You will be in a group of 400 VIP's, and honestly after the first day or two everyone will be asking if they can come to our parties with you. Sorry!

It is a big gay group on a regular cruise, a BIG group. You will have a visible way to recognize everyone in the group, safety in numbers, and like traveling with a very large entended family. No wories at all.

Anything I missed? Please contact me and ask.

Anyone still undecided? JOIN IN THE FUN!

You want to know the meaning of our screen name? Find the facebook Aquafest group and look at the pictures, you can't miss us!

Please feel free to contact us.

Theballoongods@yahoo.com

(Chad and Terry)

Welcome Chad and Terry (Balloon Gods),

Wow! Your costumes are great! I doubt we'll even come close to that but we will sure try.

Thanks for all the info. We cant wait to meet all the great folks we've chatted with on here. I've got a feeling this will be the first of many Aquafest trips for us.

Happy St. Patty's day,

Leprechaun.jpg

Just found the web site for Aquafest...

Question: What is the difference between a hosted event and an Aquafest event?

Some friends are trying to talk us into the Alaska cruise, but I'm thinking this one would actually work out better for our work schedules.....

Archived