Quick Info Needed Please! (Summit Cabin Question)

Amy from Delaware

I am about to book a Concierge cabin on Summit, Deck 9, midship. Category is C3. Is there anything I need to know or look out for? Are the balcony walls (facing the water) the metal ones or the see-through ones?

Any issue being next to a Celebrity Suite?

Thanks!

The only thing you might want to look at is the location of the cabin in relation to the pool on the deck above. It can be noisy underneath.

At the top of the main Celebrity forum page there is a link that says "Search This Forum" if you click on that you can search for your cabin number. If it has any unusually good or bad points then there will likely be postings discussing it. Keep in mind the Summit, Constellation, Infinity and Millennium (the "M-Class" ships) all have more or less the same deck and cabin layout with only very minor differences. If you don't' find anything on your cabin try the same thing for the similar cabin on the opposite side of the ship - where any differences might be the same.

Deck 8 is probably my favorite deck. For me the higher up the better as I like the view. Deck 9 is sometimes subject to noises from the pool/lido deck above such as early morning footsteps, chair moving, etc. While the potential noises are not bad enough to keep me from cruising if that is all that is available they are noticeable enough to give me a preference for a lower deck if all other things are equal. For example on our next cruise we have an aft facing cabin on deck 9 (C-1), which I prefer over a non-aft cabin on another deck.

The other thing about deck 9 is that on much of the deck there is an overhang from the deck above. Some, like me, view this as a positive as it protects from direct sun and rain. Some consider it a negative as they prefer the direct sun and more open view without the overhang.

I did do some searching for the cabin I wound up with, and didn't see anything. So I'll take that as a good sign that there's nothing negative about it.

I am still disbelieving that I was able to get the category of cabin I wanted for less than I was willing to spend for the guarantee!

Archived