Going from Miami Airport to Port of Miami

snowlancer

Hi everyone, I tried searching but it never seems to work properly for me. How does everyone get from MIA to the Cruise Terminal? I don't want to rent a car, and I've seen people say that there are taxis for ~$24 + tip, and some kind of shuttle. Do I need to call ahead for these services, or are they at the airport already, ready for hire? Also, getting back to MIA from the port, are there taxis at the port? or do I have to schedule something for then as well? Thanks in advance!

Joe

Since we stayed in Miami the night before we took a taxi from MIA to downtown. I think it was about $30 or so.You just walk out ot the curb and tell the person at the taxi stand where you want to go. We did this at 11PM and there were 5 or 6 cabs lined up ready to go.

From the port back to MIA is easy. As you walk out the door to the area where the taxis & shuttles are just look for someone screaming "Shuttle to the airport - only $10 per person!!!". Before I could say maybe, the guy grabbed my bag and put us and the bags on the shuttle :).

Taxis are easily available, and are $24 per trip regardless of the number of people in the cab.

The $24 fee is a flat rate that is set by law for all trips between the port and the airport, so don't let a cabbie gouge you by asking for more. But the cab is easy and convenient, and is often the cheapest.

Hi everyone, I tried searching but it never seems to work properly for me. How does everyone get from MIA to the Cruise Terminal? I don't want to rent a car, and I've seen people say that there are taxis for ~$24 + tip, and some kind of shuttle. Do I need to call ahead for these services, or are they at the airport already, ready for hire? Also, getting back to MIA from the port, are there taxis at the port? or do I have to schedule something for then as well? Thanks in advance!

Joe

Absolutely NO reason to prebook anything either directions. Cabs are plentiful and reasonable with set fares. There will be lines of them waiting on both ends of your cruise. Have fun!

Archived