Confirmation...

Jim&JaneFromWV

My wife and I are long-time Royal Caribbean cruisers. However, we booked our first ever trip with Carnival a couple of weeks ago. I booked the trip online as I always have done with RCCL. The only difference was that I didn't receive an email confirmation. RCCL always sent an email...Immediately.

I travel extensively with my job and I always get a confirmation email from the airline and the hotel where I have reserved my lodging. But not Carnival... Even after spending $3000.

I contacted Carnival and they seemed surprised at my concern. Does anyone else think that it's unusual that they don't issue an email reservation confirmation?

Thanks,

Jim

Did you book through carnival.com??

We use a PVP and I have a confirmation received before we hang up - everytime. Seems odd that you received nothing. But I have never booked online. :cool:

Did you get a booking number?? Can you go on to Carnival.com a see the completed booking there??

I always get a confirmation immediately after booking through my Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival.

Are you able to access your booking online? If so, you should be able to print everything to ease your concern. You will need your booking #, though.

My wife and I are long-time Royal Caribbean cruisers. However, we booked our first ever trip with Carnival a couple of weeks ago. I booked the trip online as I always have done with RCCL. The only difference was that I didn't receive an email confirmation. RCCL always sent an email...Immediately.

I travel extensively with my job and I always get a confirmation email from the airline and the hotel where I have reserved my lodging. But not Carnival... Even after spending $3000.

I contacted Carnival and they seemed surprised at my concern. Does anyone else think that it's unusual that they don't issue an email reservation confirmation?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

Carnival does issue confirmation emails immediately after booking, but they can resend at any time. Just call and have them resend. Verify the email address they have is correct before having them send it. The only delay is when their billing computers are down and they delay sending confirmations until after the CC goes through; ran into that last year.

I was able to get my information online on carnival.com . I was told when I called that they didn't have my email address...Even though I'm registered and I entered it again when I made the reservation.

The CSR that I spoke to also said that I should have printed out the confirmation when it came up at the time of the reservation.

I actually spoke to 2 different people at and was a little surprised by their flippant attitude regarding my inquiry. They eventually said, "I'll send the confirmation...If that's what you want".

Perhaps I should just reserve via the phone if I choose to go Carnival in the future. I'm just hopeful that the customer service that I receive onboard the Victory will be better than what I received on the phone.

Are you sure you have the profile on the Carnival site filled out?? Thats where they would get your email from.

Carnival uses only edocs, unless you pay, so filling out the profile is important. Thats also where they will find your contact phone number to give you a upsell call.

Thanks,

Jim

Your payment will show up on your personal profile. If you haven't as yet set up an account on Carnival's website, do so. All information will be found there and most of it is printable.

Archived