IAH to Port of Galveston ????

zmanne98019

Are you flying in a day ahead or the same day. If same day I would suggest trying to get a cruise line transfer. If a day ahead, I have heard people get outstanding prices for a one-way rental car from the airport to Galveston. One thing is for sure ,do not take a cab, that is a very long ride and will be extremely costly.

Hi We are arriving at IAH in Houston and we were wondering what means of transportation people used to get from IAH to port of galveston thx Don

When I went in April 2009 there were no rental car agencies on the island. If that has change then a rental car would be the best. I flew in the day before and took a limo to the port. I was probably less expensive than an cab because a cab charges by the mile and the limos charge by the hour. In addition, the limo is much more comfortable than a cab. The most economical choice is the cruise line transfer. That is how I got back to the airport.

Hi We are arriving at IAH in Houston and we were wondering what means of transportation people used to get from IAH to port of galveston thx Don

Just off the Conquest 2 weeks ago. We flew into IAH 2 days before our cruise. We checked out all the different modes of transportation to get to Galveston. For us, it was easiest and cheapest to take a cab to and from Galveston. We had a total of 4 people. We normally drive to Galveston, so this was our first time to ever fly to the cruise.

My DH checked out all the car rentals and to rent a car for a week was well over 600.00. What people don't realize is the insurance is what makes the rental so high plus the size of the vehicle needed. We couldn't justify renting a car and letting it sit for a week without use.

The cost of a taxi getting to Galveston was appox. 134.00 + tip for 4 people. The cab was a van, clean, and the driver was very nice. Getting back to IAH was 160.00. Taxi's were readily available at the terminal when getting off the ship. Again, a van, clean, and the driver was a fun guy!

We also took a taxi around Galveston all day Sat. We used the same driver and called him on his cell phone when we were ready to go to the next stop. He was a great guy!

Many people might say that we could have done it cheaper, so be it. But we budgeted this into our spending and it all worked out well for us.

The thing about booking transfers is that you have to wait until your bus is full and then you never know how long it will take to get to your destination because they just drop people off as they get close to a drop off point...i.e....if you are in a bus with people going to Hobby, they are going to drop them off first and so on. We didn't want to take that chance and then end up missing our flight.

Like I said, this worked out well for us and we will do it again in the future.

Living in Houston I've never had to worry, but I know that someone posted in some thread here recently about having gotten a one day rental to go from IAH to Galveston for like $34. That would be the way to go if you are flying in early and can swing it.

When I went in April 2009 there were no rental car agencies on the island. If that has change then a rental car would be the best. I flew in the day before and took a limo to the port. I was probably less expensive than an cab because a cab charges by the mile and the limos charge by the hour. In addition, the limo is much more comfortable than a cab. The most economical choice is the cruise line transfer. That is how I got back to the airport.

Hi ya Cruizer2, that was a great cruise huh?

Just a FYI, the reason no rentals was it left on a Sunday. If the OP is going on Ecstasy then they could turn the rental in on a Saturday, just not open on Sundays I believe.

Hi ya Cruizer2, that was a great cruise huh?

Just a FYI, the reason no rentals was it left on a Sunday. If the OP is going on Ecstasy then they could turn the rental in on a Saturday, just not open on Sundays I believe.

Yes it was, but it cost me as much to go from the hotel to the port as it did from LAX to the airport. :(

Living in Houston I've never had to worry, but I know that someone posted in some thread here recently about having gotten a one day rental to go from IAH to Galveston for like $34. That would be the way to go if you are flying in early and can swing it.

I thought it would be a great deal too, but Enterprise shuts down at noon on Saturday. If you return after noon, they won't process the return until Monday, so you're doubling your rental fee, plus a $50 dollar one-way drop charge. :(

So, I'm using texasairportcar.com for $85 each way from Hobby. Oh well....

What car rentals allow drop off service one way? I called all the majors and none are allowing me to drop!

I just came back from a cruise - we used AJLimousine - cost is based on what type of vehicle you want and how many people and if there are any seniors in the group. for four of us it was 218 r/t - so in breaking it down it was 54.50 r/t from Houston-Hobby to Galveston (to our hotel). No complaints from us!

• 1 month later...
I just came back from a cruise - we used AJLimousine - cost is based on what type of vehicle you want and how many people and if there are any seniors in the group. for four of us it was 218 r/t - so in breaking it down it was 54.50 r/t from Houston-Hobby to Galveston (to our hotel). No complaints from us!

Hi,

I tried to get a quote from AJLimousine through their website but never got any reply from them...

How did you book your transfer?

Re Airport pick-up, was the driver waiting for us inside the terminal holding a sign with your name ?

Thank you so much in advance for your feedback

I'm trying to find a good limousine service from IAH to Galveston but they're either too expensive or the contact isn't as good...

Toonye

Archived