how do you get notified when your child wants to leave the kids club?

Bobbigrl27

Does Royal Caribbean have some sort of system to let you know if your child wants to leave Adventure Ocean? I thought I remembered reading something about them handing out beepers, but I wanted to verify that. I would hope that I don't have to continually check in every half hour or so.

Thanks for the info!

Bobbi

If your child is very young, they will give you pagers, and you'll be notified of any problems.

After age 9, you have the option of letting your child "sign themselves out" and come and find you...a good option, if you have raised an independant kid! Let them know where you'll be, and that's that!

My dd turned 5 the week before our recent Indy cruise so we weren't eligible for the beepers - they were given only to parents of 3 and 4 year olds. They told us that they would call our cabin or page us over the loudspeaker if there was a true emergency.

We had a pager for our 4 y/o on the Voyager last week. We never had to use it, but we kept it with us in case. They don't work off the ship. And I did check in on things periodically the first day just to make sure things were coming along nicely. They were facing away from the door most times so no problems with her seeing me.

I think it depends how many kids are on the ship we went on our 1st cruise on Explorer last Feb and our twin dd's where 5 and we had pagers and were called if we were needed - I guess if you travel during school holidays when there are more kids on board they may reduce the age of children who are elegible for pagers.

What do you mean 'if your child wants to leave...'? :p

So far, we haven't found this to be an issue. :)

I don't know about Adventure Ocean, but on NCL, when you register for the Kid's program, they give you a program of scheduled activities for the entire cruise. We always sit down with it and our daughter identifies the activities she doesn't want to miss. We make sure she's there for those, and she tells us before we sign her in whether she wants us to check back and how often. It's never far to go to just stop by between whatever we're doing, so it's no big deal. As I said, though, aside from meal times or something else we've arranged (like going to the pool), we've never found her ready to leave before we expect. :)

Last cruise, I was tied up on the RCCL computers, corresponding with my real estate agent over an offer on my house. Of course, the offer had come in as I was driving to the airport. :rolleyes: This was about 8-9 p.m. There was a 3 hour time difference, about midnight at home, so I was actually going back and forth with the agent, and the computers were sloooow as molasses.

DS4 was in Adventure Ocean. He was pooped. Adventure Ocean did call the stateroom to see if I could pick him up and spoke to DS14. Did DS14 go and get his little brother or come find me? Noooooo. :( But, AO did try to find me, and I got there about 20 minutes after they called. :cool: DS14 had to come to AO anyway - little bro had fallen asleep, and I wasn't about to carry him - we were at the opposite end of the ship. :D

Archived