ques. re: pre-paid drink cards

sr5242

I am so sorry if this has been asked before.

we will be on the ryndam on march 28. I want to pre-purchase the 20 drink soda card, the beer 6 pack, and a wine package.

but when I tried to purchase these online, it asks if I want it delivered in the dining room, in the cabin at sea or in the cabin at port. if I choose at sea or in port I pay sales tax. also, if I choose in the dining room, does that mean I can only use the wine and soda card in the dining room? and if I choose the dining room for the beer, does that mean they will bring the entire six pack out in one sitting?

can these be purchased onboard as well?

please help! I am so confused!

Yes, everything can be purchased on board, and the wine and soda cards can be used all over the ship regardless of where/how they are purchased. I don't know about the beer. I suggest you buy at least that on board. I prefer to purchase the wine card from my dining room wine steward, as that is who serves me most often.

We have ordered online for the wine and soda card, also the 6 pack or 12 pack. Had them all delivered to the room. The cards were in the room when we got on and the beer was delivered during the life boat drill. I don't think I ever paid taxes.

We just kept the cards (wine/soda) with our room key card and used them around the ship. The beer, usually kept it for relaxing out on the veranda prior to dinner.

I don't know if they will keep the beer in the dinning room or not. That is a good question.

All of these items can be purchased online. The way to avoid the sales tax is to choose to have it delivered at sea on day of embarkation. If you choose in port, it has to tax your purchase. Most people have reported that they have had the items in their cabin when they arrived, even though they chose the at sea option.

The only thing you cannot avoid is the 15% gratuity.

Archived