Commission? and how much is your TA...

Cruisin Amy

Hard to answer your question without knowing the cost of the cruise. $160 off is a great deal on a low cost cruise, not so good if it's costing $4,000.

Any discounts your TA gives you are off their commission. They do not earn commission on port charges or taxes.

Lou

If you post the cruise date/ship/category of cabin, etc. Some may be able to tell you if it is a good deal or not. I'm assuming that the rate you are paying is going to be $450pp? ($610 cruise rate minus the $160) Which sounds like a great deal. Is this OV or Inside?

Hmmm - it is my understanding that travel agents are no longer allowed to discount cruises in that manner, meaning offering discounts "lower" than anyone else - maybe i'm misinformed but, that's what i understood when i booked my cruise on the liberty...

Vinnie

TA's can still discount, they just cannot ADVERTISE lower pricing... you actually have to call to get the discount now....

Hmmm - it is my understanding that travel agents are no longer allowed to discount cruises in that manner, meaning offering discounts "lower" than anyone else - maybe i'm misinformed but, that's what i understood when i booked my cruise on the liberty...

Vinnie

They can still offer discounts. After 1/1/05 TA's arent allowed to advertise lower fares.

No past guest rate is $610.00 then she is giving it to me for $530.00 plus the $181.81 per person...kids are $220.00 plus $181.81 each...

total for 2 adults and 2 kids balcony 8C is $2,227.00

I think that is a GREAT price BOOK IT!!!

Archived